NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation’s premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals – Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children’s Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children’s health services across the medical center – plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center’s tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as an Embryologist.
In this role, the successful candidate Under direction of the Embryology Supervisor at the Greenwich Fertility Center, performs technical/clinical and research duties in the embryology laboratory with ability to interface with patients, physicians, clinical laboratories and administrative areas at Greenwich Hospital. Performs Assisted Reproductive Technology procedures according to protocol and GCP related to IVF, Egg freezing, donor egg, PGS/PGD, embryo biopsy, ICSI, and other technologies as necessary. Prefer experience 3+ years work experience in an academic fertility center.
- Collection and preparation of oocytes for insemination (involves oocyte microscopic identification, cleaning, distribution in dishes and insemination)
- Analysis and preparation of sperm specimen for insemination or for ICSI – intracytoplasmic sperm injection (includes analysis and processing of fresh and cryopreserved semen specimens as well as the processing of fresh and cryopreserved specimens surgically obtained by epididymal aspiration or testis biopsy)
- Assessment of fertilization and zygote quality following insemination>- Daily assessment/grading and handling of embryos through Day 6 of in vitro culture
- Cryopreservation and thawing of embryos at varying stages of development (includes subsequent culture and assessment of thawed embryos)
- Preparation of fresh and thawed embryos for intrauterine transfer (involves loading of catheter for transfer and assessing catheter for retained embryos as well as performing micromanipulation procedure assisted hatching when required)
- Arranging for the discard of fresh and cryopreserved specimens or arranging for transfer of discarded tissues for research purposes
- Performing ancillary procedures required to control for and improve the quality of services provided by the laboratory (include the preparation and labeling of media and tissue culture materials, media and supply testing, equipment monitoring)
- contribute valuable judgments to the laboratory and physician team in reference to the status and appropriateness of clinical sperm, egg and embryo specimens.
- discuss embryologic or laboratory issues with patients, physicians or other concerned individuals or providers
- perform other procedures as may become available due to advances in technology and change in practice
To qualify you must have a BS/BA in scientific discipline; work experience in an embryology/fertility laboratory ; demonstrated laboratory ability to perform basic and advanced ART techniques; understanding of GCP
knowledge of SART/CDC, FDA requirements, CT DOH requirements
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We’re pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York’s hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you’ll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.