NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children’s hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute–designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history.
For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Dir-Clin Supply/Prod Standard.
In this role, the successful candidate will support the NYULMC plans for Patient Care, Nursing Care and Performance Improvement by providing direction and leadership to the Supply Chain Management department in the identification of the most efficient and effective supply use practices and the establishment of pathways based on these practices. In collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams, the candidate will lead clinicians, department managers and physicians in the decision making process towards product standardization and utilization of medical/surgical supplies, commodity products and equipment, using as a methodology clinical assessment, quality and financial outcomes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Serves as one of the primary liaisons with the vendor community. Develops and promotes effective and productive relationships with vendor representatives and the medical centers’ staff to improve customer service and supply utilization. Coordinates new product inservice education efforts and clinical product trials and evaluations. Ensures that appropriate feedback is solicited and documented from all clinical trials.
- Chairs the NYULMC Value Analysis Committee; presents opportunities from the UHC/VHA, the NYULMC prime vendor partner and other manufacturing partners. Is responsible for ensuring the effectiveness of this committee and tracking clinical outcomes, quality improvement and financial accomplishments.
- Leads the decision making process for all product trials and conversions. Conducts initial clinical assessments of new supply technologies, products and equipment to determine clinical efficacy and potential financial benefit to the medical center. Determines the need for additional clinical evaluation of products and equipment and coordinates the evaluation process with clinical staff.
- Leads and directs all NYULMC clinical areas in utilization analysis, cost benefit studies and product validations to support System quality and financial objectives by promoting and maximizing the standardization of supplies, products and equipment used throughout the medical center.
To qualify you must have a The candidate must be a licensed Registered Nurse with a minimum of five years of clinical experience in an acute care setting, preferably in an Operating Room or Intensive Care environment. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or a related field referred and/or five years of health care materials management/support services experience in progressively responsible positions. Previous managerial experience is required. The candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong business, analytical, planning, organizational, and financial skills, and the ability to build effective and productive relationships with both internal and external customers. Strong leadership, team building and management skills, and the ability to handle critical issues and solve problems in a complex environment are also essential.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military or veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster. To view the EEO supplement, please visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.