NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children’s hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute–designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history.
For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Exercise Physiologist.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for evaluating, developing and implementing individual and/or group programs for CMC’s Sports Performance Center clients.
Demonstrates knowledge of the organization’s mission and core values and incorporates them into the performance of duties at the CMC.
Performs initial assessment of exercise needs for both clinical and athletic client populations. Reviews client’s medical, social and psychological information and applies information to the clients training plan.
Implements evidenced based exercise, fitness and sports specific training programs. Monitors clients progress, compliance and response to exercise and fitness programs. Sets appropriate and measurable short and long term goals for the client
Selects exercises that are individually based and is able to effectively instruct clients on proper performance of them. Demonstrates to the client proper use of exercise equipment.
- Responsible for meeting unit productivity standards. Completes all required documentation for client care and charge submission.
- Gathers statistics, i.e., patient’s demographics, test results, develops data bank and compiles information for research purposes. Assists in the development of research protocols.
- Checks exercise monitoring and testing equipment on weekly basis. Notifies the appropriate senior staff member when equipment is damaged, missing, or in need of repair.
- Assumes additional responsibilities in the organizational and structural needs of the assigned unit.
- Utilizes in- service programs, conferences, and consultations to enhance current levels of skills and knowledge. Keeps current in the field of exercise physiology. Maintains certification up to date. Designs and follows a personal plan of development in professional areas. Attends weekly staff meetings as schedule permits.
- Able to adapt to utilizing advanced technology such as: 3D motion analysis, surface EMG, Alter-G, KVest, and Parvo metabolic systems.
- Participates in clinical education of volunteers and students as appropriate.
- Raises awareness and promotes the benefits of exercise and healthy lifestyle in collaboration with other healthcare providers.
- Promotes CMC Sports Performance Center services to clients both within the NYU Langone community and outside.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demonstrates appropriate professionalism during job performance.
- Adheres to all departmental procedures and policies. Respects the patient’s right to confidentiality at all times. Maintains a good working rapport with all Medical Center staff, physicians, and other departments that require frequent interaction and coordination of efforts. Greets and interacts with patients, their families, and visitors in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Masters degree in Exercise, Applied Physiology, or Kinesiology
- Certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support.
- Expertise in movement analysis, data interpretation, sports training and injury prevention
- Use of CPR/AED
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Certification in CSCS, FMS, RCEP, CES, KVest, TPI,USATF Coach (for USA field & track). Previous experience with metabolic testing strongly preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military or veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster. To view the EEO supplement, please visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.