NYU Langone is one of the nation’s premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children’s Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Program Manager.
The program aims to advance best practices for patient-centered, interdisciplinary, evidence-based medical education through core areas which include curricular innovations, research and assessment, and faculty development.
The Program Manager, Medical Education Innovations and Research, functions as a strategic leader and creative thinker working closely with the programs director and leadership team to create and portray a compelling vision of program/center leadership in the area of medical education and educational research and outcomes locally and nationally, and institute measures to facilitate program/centers development and growth.
Drawing from strong organizational and administrative skills, this position establishes appropriate fiscal and human resource controls and accountability for project areas including an Intramural grants program; Faculty Development Fellowship Program; Unannounced Standardized Patient Program; Medical Education Consultations; the Research on Medical Education Outcomes Unit; PrMEIR Scholars Summer Intensive Program; Large-scale Medical Education Research Conferences; and Annual Event for Program Sponsors, Grantees, and Fellows.
The Program Manager will provide administrative leadership and direction in collaboration with the Director and Co-Director. This individual is solely responsible for overall management and operations, working independently to ensure the timely development and execution of activities across PrMEIR.
Oversee all management and operations creatively and with strong vision. Ensure all areas of the Program align with programs mission and are making strides, meeting goals, and producing deliverables. Weave together the various arms of the Program to advance toward larger goals.
- Develop and maintain Program budgets and sub-budgets, including revisions, projections, and planning. Construct long-term financial plans and keep Directors well aware of future picture.
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Monitor the funding landscape, identify funding opportunities, and develop and write proposals and grants. Edit grant proposals, work with faculty and contributors to refine and develop pieces.
- Manage research budgets to ensure accurate forecasting and that appropriate sponsor and NYU School of Medicine guidelines have been addressed. Work with divisional/departmental teams to track and validate research-related billing and collections.
- Expand revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and expansion.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communicationsfrom web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Create long- and short-term project plans and ensure they are implemented.
- Promote PrMEIR within NYU School of Medicine and work to foster expansion and collaboration.
- Foster alliances and partnerships with appropriate external agencies.
- Build and maintain partnerships and relationships with funders and community leaders.
- Forge productive collaborations with relevant municipal stakeholders
- Liaise with funders regarding progress, project milestones, and budgeting
- Work with Director to expand revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing operations and expansion of programs.
- Directly supervise all programmatic staff (~7), including hiring, evaluating performance, and leading, developing and coaching staff to retain top talent. Lead, coach, develop, and retain PrMEIR’s team
- Thoughtfully monitor programs, processes, and outcomes, instituting changes when needed.
- Anticipate and ensure activities are supported by appropriate resources (personnel, fiscal, space, and equipment).
- Establish and maintain communication systems across teams, shape communications and messaging.
- Advance strategic initiatives and management of the day-to-day operations.
- Ensure effective systems to track progress, and regularly evaluates program components so as to measure successes, and reports back to the Director and Co-Director of PrMEIR
- Initiate and monitor new programs
- Serve as the project manager for all PrMEIR programs, including the PrMEIR Scholar Summer Institute Program
- Establishes and follows a personal plan for professional development and ongoing continuing education.
To qualify you must have at least 2 years of experience in managing a large-scale program, project, lab or center which included the development and management of budgets preferably within an academic medical center.
Successful candidate must have at least 2 years of experience in a research setting. Priority will be given to candidates with pre and post-award experience.
Successful candidate must have at least 2-3 years of demonstrated progressive leadership/management responsibilities with evidence of successful outcomes/legacies.
Masters degree in public administration, healthcare administration, business administration, education administration or closely related field; other areas will be considered.
Change Leader, Research Administration (Pre and Post-Award Skills), Financial Budgeting & Management, Strategic Planning, Personnel Management and Development, Donor Development, Superb Organization, Strong Oral and Written Communication, Independent Thinker and Problem Solver Using Best Judgment. Must be able to take initiative on and balance multiple projects and tasks.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.