NYU School of Medicine is one of the nation’s top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Data Analyst.
This position will support the Ronald O. Perelman Department of Emergency Medicines initiative to establish a Center for Health Outcomes dedicated to improving population health. This position is responsible for database, analytic, and data reporting support for investigators conducting projects affiliated with this initiative. The role involves developing and managing databases, designing and managing data collection methods, statistical data analysis and creating reports and information products to present to investigators and departmental leadership.
- Supports the design of de novo data collection methods, databases, and reports.
- Supports data collection methods, databases, analysis, and reports utilizing existing institutional software.
- Perform complex data analysis in support of ad-hoc and standing departmental requests using Microsoft Excel or other data collection, statistical and reporting systems
- Manages the submission and tracking of data, and communicates to project leaders
- Conduct data cleaning, data management, data restructuring, and data quality management.
- Provides expertise for data collection design, data organization, data visualization and other reporting; analyze data using various statistical and reporting systems.
- Manages data related projects in support of ad-hoc and standing departmental requests.
- Research new data sources and analytical tools; contribute to new product development and improvement in product delivery and presentation.
To qualify you must have a Advanced skills in areas of Microsoft Office. Experience with specialized reporting software (e.g., Crystal Reports, Tableau etc.) Experience with relational data bases and SQL 4 years clinical informatics or healthcare data analytics or equivalent role acceptable. High Microsoft Excel proficiency required including extensive experience with charts, pivot tables, complex & nested formulas, macros and data validation. Also need advanced skills in Word & PowerPoint with working knowledge. Statistical software knowledge a plus. REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture) expertise a plus.
Experience with statistical analysis software (e.g., SAS, SPSS, Minitab, R)
Masters degree in Biostatistics or Statistics or Bachelors degree in Mathematics, Economics, or Computer Science
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU School of Medicine’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.