FGP X-Ray Technologist – Per Diem/Temporary
Job ID: 1043981_RR00022155
Area of Talent: Allied Health/Other, FGP- Lutheran-3+6+Atlc+Bay26 (S1768), NYU School of Medicine
Position Type: Temp
Location: NYU School of Medicine
Shift: 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM variable hours
NYU School of Medicine is one of the nation’s top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Per Diem/Temporary FGP X-Ray Technologist.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for performing medically prescribed radiographic procedures. Responsible for performing medically prescribed radiographic activities and procedure, the production of radiographs. Provides direction to the technical staff, facilitates patient flow through the department, and provides support to management and participates in performance improvement activities; provides radiology studies ordered to assist physicians and interdisciplinary team in making a correct diagnosis; must handle all radiology supplies with care and operate equipment properly; and reports equipment maintenance needs for assigned area.
- Demonstrates skill in equipment set-up, utilization and proper maintenance procedure. Performs visual and manual quality control checks of X-ray equipment including monitors used for routine dictation/reading of clinical images.Uses imaging and peripheral equipment, in a safe and productive manner in accordance with prescribed hospital, departmental and manufacturers procedures. Observes and reports any malfunctioning of the equipment and notifies appropriate persons in case of missing or damaged equipment.
- Independently implements patient procedures in accordance with departmental protocols and standards. Explains the procedure and equipment to the patient clearly. Solves problems that arise during patient examinations using both technical knowledge and innovation. Alters examination to maximize information in response to patients condition. Confers with other technologists concerning previous approaches utilized.
- Follows accepted radiologic procedures and uses medical information to determine type of protocol required for radiographic examination. Consults policy and procedure manuals and/or other reference materials as necessary to ensure actions conform to established protocols. Follows special instructions indicated on radiographic requisition. Recognizes need for and follows isolation precautions.
- Provides direction to the technical staff, facilitates patient flow through the department, and provides support to management. Ensures management is apprised of work situations and the performance of each employee, on an ongoing basis, giving clear and accurate information. Utilizes advanced expertise and problem-solving skills to assist staff in the performance of difficult cases and troubleshooting technical problems. Offers continuing guidance on work activities and procedures. Orients employees to new procedures and changes in existing procedures. Trains newly hired technical staff in the procedures of the department and pertinent medical center policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a Certificate from accredited School of Radiologic Technology. New York State license to practice Radiologic Technology.Minimum five years experience as an x-ray technologist. Leadership abilitiesGood communication and interpersonal skills.
Registered Technologist-American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. Bachelor’s Degree from accredited School of Radiologic Technology.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU School of Medicine’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.