NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children’s hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute¿designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Assistant Director-Patient&Family Engagement.
In this role, the successful candidate The Assistant Director of Patient & Family Engagement reports to the Chief Patient Experience Officer of NYU Health System, and is responsible for leading patient engagement throughout the enterprise, including patient and family education and patient communication. This leader will champion the new educational strategy for the Kimmel Pavilion and enterprise, working with clinical teams and vendors to advance patient and familys engagement using all mediums. This leader will build a collaborative, sustainable system that incorporates health literacy and behavior change principles throughout the continuum of care through communication and education.
- Oversees the functions of maintenance of clinical content within Epic, plain language editing, Patient Education Database, Interactive Patient Education, maintaining the workflow process, and coordinating the activities necessary for the creation, implementation, and use of multimedia patient education materials
- Works collaboratively with members of the healthcare team from a variety of clinical areas within the NYU Langone Medical Center to lead the evaluation, design, production, and implementation of multimedia patient and family education projects
- Establish and implement health literacy principles and activities for all patient populations, broadening the awareness internally for all clinicians and incorporate into education and communication materials.
- The Director will oversee the Department of Patient and Family Education, inclusive of Diabetes Education and Health Literacy, Patient Communication and chair the enterprise Patient and Family Education Council
- Oversees outsourced projects, ensuring that agreed upon timelines are met.
- Effectively leads the cross-functional implementation of education strategies, the use of innovative tools and develop process improvements in a fiscally sound and effective manner.
- Establishes collaborative relationships with nursing staff, leadership, medical staff, information technology staff and other administrative staff throughout the medical center and leads the evaluation, design, production, and implementation of multimedia patient and family education projects. .
- Transform patient communication for patients to understand their journey across the continuum, improving patient and family engagement, their experience and satisfaction, inclusive of all diverse communities served.
- Oversees the functions of developing and maintaining clinical content within Epic, plain language editing, Patient Education Database, Interactive Patient Education, maintaining the workflow process, and coordinating the activities necessary for the creation, implementation, and use of multimedia patient education materials.
- Role models core values in actions and communications with patients, families, staff and other disciplines.
- Demonstrates visibility, accessibility and effective communication that convey a strong sense of advocacy and support for staff and leadership.
- Conducts activities in fiscally sound and effective manner.
To qualify you must have a Master’s degree in nursing, education, informatics or computer science or a similar field required. Minimum of 5+years of education or patient engagement experience in pertinent area of practice; such as nursing, teaching, outreach or health education, with 2-5 years in a position with oversight or management responsibilities. Highly-organized, creative, hard-working and comfortable working in an interdisciplinary setting which includes clinicians, production staff, and high-level managers. Expert communicator with ability to articulate production/content/design needs to both technical and non-technical collaborators. A passion for innovative approaches to improve patient and family education. Requires limited direction for expected tasks.
Recent experience working in a healthcare environment is preferred. Experience leading professional production teams in interactive multimedia and digital design. Strong visualization and design skills including information visualization, design layout and graphic design, interface design for both digital and physical interface. Knowledge of instructional design, multi-media graphic design, production tools, and technical aspects of managing production.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.