Nurse Practitioner – Intermediate ICU
Job ID: 1044922_RR00022557
Area of Talent: Nurse Practitioner
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Location: NYU Langone Hospital – Brooklyn
Shift: 07:00 AM to 07:00 PM variable hours
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is a full-service teaching hospital and Level I trauma center located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The medical center is central to a comprehensive network of affiliated ambulatory and outpatient practices, and serves as NYU Langone Health’s anchor for healthcare access, growth, and delivery in the entire borough. Learn more about NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Nurse Practitioner.
In this role, the successful candidate will carry out patient care responsibilities with emphasis on decision-making related to the steps in the nursing process to include assessment, diagnosis, identification of expected outcomes, planning, implementation and evaluation. Provides competent, safe and compassionate care based on established NYU Langone Health Patient Care and Nursing Standards. As a member of the interdisciplinary healthcare team, formulates the initial plan of care with the provider (physician or nurse practitioner) and collaborates with them to implement a comprehensive patient-centered plan of care to achieve expected outcomes; utilizes principles of assignment and delegation consistent with the NY State Nurse Practice Act.
- Participates in quality improvement programs and activities that promote patient, family, physician and staff satisfaction.
- Participates in clinical inquiry and activities to foster evidence-bases practice.
- Maintains awareness of current evidence-based practice and uses research applicable to patient care.
- Participates in the unit based quality and performance improvement program consistent with the clinical service and departmental program.
- Utilizes resources to meet individual learning need and promote professional development in clinical practice.
- Serves as a support and resource for nursing staff and students.
- Engages in self- assessment and participates in activities to promote own professional growth and development.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge and competence to fulfill responsibilities.
- Functions as a respectful member of the health care team.
- Demonstrates ability to differentiate those activities which are professional nursing practice, and those that may be delegated to ancillary staff.
- Participates in designated activities related to professional standards, New York State Nurse Practice Act and regulations of relevant outside agencies, e.g., NY State Department of Health, The Joint Commission, etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the NYULMC Core Values and incorporates these into the performance of responsibilities.
- Collaborates with the members of the interdisciplinary team and promotes collegial relationships.
- Participates in coordination of unit activities to provide patient care in a healing, humane and caring environment.
- Supports the mission, philosophy, standards, goals and objectives of the institution, the Departments of Nursing and NYU Langone Medical Center strategic area.
- Considers needs and behaviors of specific patient age and cultural groups in all patient care activities.
- Educates the patient and family to facilitate and promote health adjustment to new or changed health patterns.
- Evaluates the patients progress toward attainment of expected outcomes.
- Implements interventions identified in the plan of care.
- Develops a plan of care that prescribes intervention to attain expected outcomes.
- Identifies expected outcomes and anticipates unexpected or adverse outcomes as individualized to the patient.
- Analyzes assessment and reassessment data to determine nursing diagnoses.
- Collects patient healthcare data systematically and on an ongoing basis using appropriate assessment techniques and instruments.
- Current Registered Professional Nurse and Nurse Practitioner in New York.
- Master’s Degree in Advance Practice Nursing required.
- Fluent written and spoken English language skills.
- Nurse practitioner acute care certification required.
- Step-down/Intermediate ICU experience preferred.
- Membership in pertinent professional organizations is also preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.