NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children’s hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute¿designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Chef De Cuisine.
Responsible for coordinating all activities related to the requisition, forecasting, production and distribution of patient and non-patient food from the main kitchen production site. Works with the Executive Chef to establish policy, procedures, goals and objectives for the area.
- Provides a NYULMC luxury Catering dining experience in a warm and personalized manner.
- Provides clients with the highest quality of food product that consistently and effectively reflect the luxurious nature of NYULMC catering.
- Prepares food items in accordance to recipes to support menu.
- Ensures the highest quality of food preparation and presentation.
- Ensures smooth kitchen operation by communicating with the Catering Team.
- Maintains kitchen equipment and utensils with care; and an organized, clean and sanitary work area in accordance with the Joint Commission and all Federal, State, and Local Regulations.
- Develops standardized recipes which allow catering to operate at an acceptable food cost and to ensure that the monthly forecasted food cost is achieved.
- Participated in developing and adhering to departmental operating and capital budgets.
- Is responsible for all operational aspect of the culinary catering experience in the absence of the Executive Chef/Catering.
High School Diploma. Five Years of comparable experience. Must be knowledgeable in food production, inspection, and sanitation procedures. Should be able to communicate with employees and management in written and oral form. Excellent communication skills required.
Associate’s Degree in Culinary Management, or Culinary Arts, and four years experience at a management level in a large volume feeding establishment managing other management personnel in a large-scale operation.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.