NYU Langone is one of the nation’s premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children’s Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Retail Supervisor-Food + Nutrition.
In this role, the successful candidate Responsible for supervising an assigned area of food service that includes sanitation to ensure compliance with NYS regulations and hospital standards. Follows sanitary standards including proper use of chemicals and procedures in adherence to department policies and procedures. This position will also report to various locations in the NYU Langone Main campus and surrounding facilities.
- Prepares / reviews accurate and timely financial reports inclusive of but not limited to event costing, safe / cash handling procedures, inventory extensions, usage reports, IOI preparations, and benchmarking.
- Implements and complies with all organizational / departmental policies and procedures to meet The Joint Commission, Department of Health, and other regulatory agencies requirements.
- Participates in staff selection, orientation, training, and performance evaluations to assess competency and to provide the opportunity for personal / professional development with a hospitality focus. Supervises subordinate staff.
- Provides all facets of special event planning and interacts positively and collaboratively with clients, vendors, and other sub-units / departments to foster effective partnerships and deliver desirable outcomes.
- Maintains quality food and service at assigned areas, for retail, and catering, with a hospitality focus for achieving excellence in customer service, and optimal image enhancement and dining experience.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organization’s Service Standards and incorporates them into the performance of duties.
To qualify you must have a Associate’s Degree in Food Service Management; or two years previous responsible experience in catering or related food service institutional feeding. Bookkeeping and clerical skills required. Knowledge of quality of foods and services required.
Bachelors Degree in Food Service Management, Dietetics, or related field.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.