FGP Billing Coordinator-Cardiology
Job ID: 1046816_RR00023311
Area of Talent: Finance/Accounting/Billing, Ambulatory/Outpatient, NYU Langone Ambulatory Care West Side, NYU School of Medicine
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Location: NYU School of Medicine
Shift: 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM variable hours
NYU School of Medicine is one of the nation’s top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a FGP Billing Coordinator.
In this role, the successful candidate Coordinates all aspects of charge submission and accounts receivable in defined FGP(s). Prepares financial and/or operational analyses and reports, and audits current procedures to monitor and improve efficiency of operations. Reviews and advises physicians and staff with regard to local and national coding and reimbursement policies. Works with patients and guarantors to clarify financial responsibilities.
- Ensures charge submission and accounts receivable follow-up is occurring on a timely basis
- Participates in reviews of office procedures as they relate to charge submission and accounts receivable management; recommends suggestions, ideas and solutions to improve operational processes. Collaborates with practice personnel and administration to implement change to practice operations where necessary
- Assistants with the review of deposits to ensure steady cash flow. Reconciles deposits compared to the billing log.
- Interacts with vendors and independent contractors as it relates to billing and collections
- Reports to Management regularly and requests intervention where necessary
- Reviews daily schedules to verify patient insurance information and MD Benefits.
- Responds to patient circumstances and explanations based on thorough assessment of situation.
- Develops payment schedules (FGP) based on reason, availability of resources, and patients ability to pay.
- Serves as resource to physicians, staff and management regarding local and national coding and reimbursement policies. Educates physicians, staff and management on new policies and changes to existing policies. Reviews resources including (but not limited to): CPT and ICD-9 manuals, payer policy and procedure manuals and updates and CMS publications to ensure practices are compliant with current policies and procedures
- Adheres to general practice and FGP guidelines on compliance issues and patient confidentiality
- Prepares status and ad-hoc reports. Prepares weekly utilization reports summarizing volumes and charges submitted to the billing company. Reviews monthly financial reports on a timely basis.
- Billing Company to review and resolve denial issues.
- Composes information in a clear and well written manner.
- Updates all fee charges and procedural codes on a timely basis.
- Manages all aspects of charge submission and accounts receivable in defined FGP(s). Oversee practice operations as they relate to the aforementioned and implement change where necessary.
- Ensures timely and accurate collection, preparation and verification of billing information submitted to the outsourced billing service
- Serves as a liaison to the outside billing service for questions, data request, and other inquiries; reviewing charge encounter forms for complete CPT code, ICD-9 code and other required billing information on a daily basis
- Reviews office procedures as they relate to appropriate internal controls; recommends suggestions, ideas and solutions to improve operational processes
- Reviews deposits to ensure steady cash flow. Reconciles deposits compared to the billing log.
- Works with staff to maximize operational efficiency and clearly explains proper work procedures and methods for charge submission and accounts receivable follow-up
- Serves as billing coordinator/ back up for FGP practices
- Maintains current Certified Procedural Coder (CPC) certificate
To qualify you must have a Bachelors degree with 3-5 years of relevant work experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to multi-task and prioritize. Good communication, interpersonal and computer skills. Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff and patients. Detail oriented with high level of accuracy for reviewing charge batch submissions, preparing and presenting analyses. Stays up to date with industry requirements. Knowledge of medical terminology required. Familiar with standard office equipment.
CPC Certification preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU School of Medicine’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.