FGP Ultrasound Tech (37.5), OB/GYN RMDS MFM, Brooklyn
Job ID: 1050119_RR00026140
Area of Talent: Allied Health/Other, FGP-NYUL ACBR Womens Center (S1828), NYU School of Medicine
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Location: NYU School of Medicine
Shift: 08:00 AM to 05:00 PM variable hours
NYU School of Medicine is one of the nation’s top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a FGP Ultrasound Tech – Specialty Area (37.5).
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for performing all diagnostic ultrasound procedures for Maternal Fetal Medicine practice.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Navigate and perform advanced scans using appropriate equipment
- Usage of highly technical equipment to produce scans and conduct procedures
- Write reports based on completion of the scan, document the scan according to the departmental procedures, enter, maintain, and record all pertinent data. Must use good judgment when determining if the procedure was sufficient for proper diagnosis.
- Interacts with patients by identifying self to patient and verifies the identity of the patient by checking the patients ID bracelet or verbal acknowledgement by patient. Technician explains the procedure and equipment to the patient clearly and provides patient privacy at all times.
To qualify you must have completed an approved ultrasound technology educational program. Registered as an American Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (ARDMS). Experience in specialty capacity is required.
Completion of a college degree.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU School of Medicine’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.