The Family Health Centers at NYU Langone provides high-quality, affordable outpatient primary healthcare and support services. As one of the largest Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) networks in the nation, and a designated Level 3 Medical Home, the health centers include:
- Nine primary care sites
- Thirty-seven school-based health centers and dental clinics
- Four day care centers
- The nation’s largest dental residency program
- New York State’s largest behavioral health program
- Twelve community medicine sites providing care to disenfranchised New Yorkers, comprehensive HIV services, and chemical dependency programs
- A family support center that offers educational, vocational, and other social support programs
The Family Health Centers is a Level 3 Medical Home, where unlike other health care facilities, each patient is provided with a cohesive team of doctors that proactively work together with the best interest of each patient in mind. A medical home also enables patients to form a relationship with their physicians and specialists, fostering better communication and follow-up care.
Disclaimer: The Family Health Centers at NYU Langone is a Health Center Program grantee under federal law (42 U.S.C. 254b), and it and most of its providers are deemed Public Health Service employees under 42 U.S.C. 233(g). We are covered under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) for actions within the scope of deemed employment, pursuant to 42 U.S.C. 233(g).
Please Note: Although a part of NYU Langone Medical Center, NYU Family Health Centers has maintained a separate labor identity. NYU Family Health Centers employees only work at NYU Family Health Centers sites. Accordingly, the terms and conditions of employment and bargaining unit structure at NYU Family Health Centers may vary from that found at NYU Langone’s main campus.