NYU Langone Health, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic hospital, is one of the nation’s premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education.
Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals – Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children’s Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children’s health services across NYU Langone Health – plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history.
NYU Langone Health’s tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research.
For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity available to join the Talent Acquisition Team as a Talent Acquisition Manager. In this role, the Talent Acquisition Manager will be responsible for the oversight of pipelining, recruiting, interviewing, and selection of qualified applicants for the Patient Care Services and Hospital Operations Mission Team. In this role the Manager will also supervise, train and develop staff within the team on an ongoing basis.
- Oversees the Talent Acquisition process including sourcing, pipelining, screening, credentialing, and evaluating candidates, verifying requirements are met regarding previous education and experience for positions that are recruited for including Managerial and Executive level positions, by the team. Utilizes discretion and judgment when selecting and referring candidates. Provides clear, concise and accurate information regarding job requirements and benefit information to potential applicants; provides feedback, as needed, to appropriate One HR colleagues (Compensation and Benefits) re: Medical Center’s competitiveness in these areas. Addresses salary issues by reviewing the qualifications of individuals, job requirements and needs of the department in order to determine salary offer; addresses any pending salary questions with Compensation to develop effective resolutions. Oversees the pre boarding transition to the Solution Center of the teams new hires.
- Program development/implementation of Talent Acquisition programs to attract viable candidates. Researches alternative resources that help target active/passive applicants such as social media, and maintains effective recruitment literature. Develops and implements advertising and marketing strategies. Coordinates and oversees recruitment outreach programs, open houses, job fairs, career days, and related recruitment activities for events both onsite and offsite. Oversee High School Explorers Programs and On/Off Campus events.
- Researches and develops a list of viable institutions as recruitment sources. Establishes an effective liaison with Deans, Placement officers, Student Counselors in order to maintain an ongoing network. Works with various school/programs to develop contracts/agreements for various programs, including interns, and verify it is in line with our policies.
- Builds strong and effective relationships with department heads to develop marketing strategies and events to recruit and secure top talent. Acts as a consultant and maintains contact with department heads and supervisors within the areas of responsibility to determine staffing needs. Develops effective marketing strategies in collaboration with advertising agency. Selects venues, job boards and job fairs that will result in locating top talent. Manages Job Board contracts. Manages cost containment activities regarding advertising. Also, conducts needs assessment with the team regarding ad planning (frequency, publication selection, etc.) Ensures compliance with Communications regarding visual guidelines, as well as, consistency across the organization.
- Collaborates with the Internal Career Planning team regarding all internal applicants. Participates in all events/workshops for the Internal candidates.
- Responsible for managing assigned team. This involves direct supervision of staff, as well as, provides support to Senior Director in hiring, managing, and training staff for the department. Plans workflow for staff and interns plus coordinates adequate coverage for office. Providing counseling, and monitors progress of employees on an ongoing basis. Assesses relative strength and areas of improvement of each staff member and makes recommendations regarding most effective role and growth opportunity.
- Trains new staff members in a planned, efficient and effective manner, ensuring full understanding of the organizations policies and procedures and facilitating optimum independent functioning of staff. Assists the Senior Director of Talent Acquisition with changes in current policies and procedures that require retraining of staff. Provides effective ongoing in-service training based on areas of identified needs; develops clear and concise training sessions to meet those needs. Provides and communicates expected outcomes and measures to TA specialists.
- Evaluate staff against determined measures and goals. Discusses employee’s performance on an ongoing basis ensuring awareness of standards and his/her responsibilities. In a clear, concise, and objective manner, evaluates past and present performance; prepares clear and reasonable objectives and goals to be obtained for future performance. If necessary, addresses performance deficiencies and establishes reasonable goals and steps toward achievement within a reasonable established time frame. Conducts audits and check-ins with recruiters to ensure services are being performed in a timely manner.
- Member of the Talent Acquisition Leadership Team and the HR Leadership Team. Develops strategic plans to ensure Talent Acquisition is an ongoing success. Monitors team’s performance and makes recommendations for change and efficiency. Acts as a resource and works cohesively with One HR to obtain information in support of the team’s success. Discusses additional needs which can be resources or areas to explore effectiveness to make HR successful. Coordinates with other Team Leads to ensure deadlines are being met by all. Leads efforts when a task/project requires multiple leads to work collaboratively.
- Collects and analyzes data to prepare reports to measure success rates for customer service, time to fill, trend data, ad hoc reports. Provides feedback with regards to the success rates of team members. Prepares the team’s quarterly metrics for the Senior Director.
- Manages complex projects independently. Proves to be resourceful in locating information needed by connecting with those who can be of assistance and researching the topic as needed. Meets deadlines set well in advance of due date. In addition, oversees and approves the projects the team is working on to ensure that they are meeting their deadlines.
- Manages new system implementations and upgrades for Talent Acquisition as well as Acquisitions and Hospital Expansions. Creates project plans to ensure management of entire project life cycle, risk mitigation and ensure all deliverables are met on time. Participates and leads committees.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field. Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Human Resources of which at least 2 years must be in a supervisory role in Talent Acquisition.
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Applicant Tracking Systems plus knowledge of PeopleSoft. Effective oral written communication skills, as well as, consultative skills with the ability to understand the needs and urgency of assigned customer base are essential.
Master’s Degree. Knowledge of SilkRoad.
Business Office Setting.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We’re pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York’s hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well.
We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you’ll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Health demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.