NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children’s hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Supervisor-Food + Nutrition.
In this role, the successful candidate Position Summary:Is responsible for the management and execution of superior quality patient food and nutrition meal services. Oversees all aspects of patient meal delivery systems. Maintains inpatient par stock supplies to units. Manages and develops staff including supervisors, diet aides, tray assemblers and utility attendants. Acts as ambassador for food and nutrition services to patients, staff and the multidisciplinary team, and performs service recoveries for satisfactory outcomes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains personal development through continued education and attendance at one or more local seminar/conference per year, and networks through professional association(s). Attends all other trainings/classes as needed.
- Performs other related duties assigned as per departmental needs. Serves on hospital teams and committees as needed. Acts as preceptor to dietetic interns, health career students etc.
- Participates in the development of goals for the department. Ensures implementation of goals with strong focus on patient satisfaction targets being met to agreed parameters and budgetary compliance.
- Ensures that all sanitation and infection control requirements are met. Assists in handling safety and maintenance problems of equipment.
- Plans and oversees orientation, training of employees, and developing measures to ensure staff competencies. Presents at least one yearly departmental in-service to all employees within department.
- Participates in staff selection process and coaches current staff for continued development. Is responsible for recommending and carrying out employee matters such as promotions or disciplinary actions. Prepares employees work schedules and evaluations.
- Interacts with Executive Chef on all issues pertaining to food quality and nutritional adequacy. Collaborates with Clinical Nutrition Manager in assessment of patient menus. Participates in evaluation of new recipes and food products for quality, cost and patients acceptance.
- Ensures superior operation of all meal delivery systems inclusive of rounding on patient units and interacting with patients for continuous performance improvement. Regularly audits system to ensure quality and safety parameters are met. Ensures food temperatures and temperature recordings are maintained. Prepares and maintains statistical records for the patient services areas, such as test trays and tray accuracy results
- Is responsible for the implementation and compliance of all hospital/departmental policies to meet The Joint Commission, Department of Health, and other regulatory agencies requirements. Is responsible for maintaining current policies and procedures pertinent to areas of responsibility.
- Responds to patients of all age groups in a friendly, prompt, and caring manner while maintaining confidentiality. Partners with team members to meet the needs of the patient. Acts as the liaison and facilitates problem-solving with all patient care units and necessary departmental subunits.
- Employs the principle of positive guest relations, maintaining a good rapport and cooperative working relationship with all guests including co-workers and multi disciplinary team members. Develops and maintains effective communication channels with employees on all levels, with differing educational and cultural backgrounds.
To qualify you must have a Minimum Qualifications:Bachelors Degree in Food Service Management, Dietetics, or a related field. Additional management experience may be substituted for the degree on a year for year basis.Must be able to perform computer skills to use departmental information systems: Epic, ICIS, and CBORD. (Training will be provided in orientation period)Must be knowledgeable of diet modifications to meet for compliance to specific diet order.Five years management experience in hospitality/ food service industry.Follows Proper safety, hygiene and sanitation practices in all areas of service (HACCP)Certified in ServSafe program (within 6 months of hire)Must be able to read, write and speak EnglishMust be able to follow verbal and written instructions
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.