NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children’s hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
NYU Langone Florida is opening a new state-of-the art Access Center in Boynton Beach, FL. The Center will be a 200+ seat Access Center that provides a single and centralized point of patient access to physician services across several disciplines. The new center will be staffed with a team ready to provide patients with an exceptional high quality, friendly and efficient experience using the latest Access center equipment and technology.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Learning Development Specialist. In this role, the successful candidate with direction and guidance from the Access Center Training Manager, the Learning Specialist supports a centralized function and scalable infrastructure for training and on-the-job support in the NYU FGP Access Center. The Learning Specialist will design, develop, deliver, and evaluate training and reference materials for new-hire, refresher, informational, performance improvement, and staff development purposes. This position will work with the Training Manager support to identify ongoing training and reference needs, determine appropriate interventions, and coordinate with designated Access Center leaders for trends and improvement initiatives.
- With support from the Access Center Training Manager, identify and assess new-hire/refresher training and on-the-job support needs of Access Center frontline staff; design and develop appropriate interventions and materials. – Participate in training design and development work sessions led by the Training Manager. – Ensure that all training is consistent with the goals of the Access Center and NYULH; assure branding to NYU FGP mission and core values. . – Work with management/SMEs to validate objectives and develop content; garner appropriate human resources to assist with training, as required. – Determine the best approaches, media, and format.- Adhere to a consistent set of standards and a proven instructional and informational design methodology. – Based on learner and program evaluation, modify instructional materials.
- Develop training and reference materials for the Access Center, including: – Course outlines, agendas, and descriptions – PowerPoint presentations and e-learning content (including instructor notes) via standardized and approved templates – Learner activities, checklists, handouts, quizzes, reviews, scenarios, role-plays, simulations, games, etc., as relevant – Learner and program assessments – Online documentation, quick reference, job aids, etc. – As relevant and assigned, webinars and eLearning
- As appropriate, deliver classroom training to a designated learning audience. – Set up the training room; coordinate the use of equipment, materials, etc. – Assure that set-up and follow-up activities are completed. – Facilitate the use of relevant human and alternative media resources. – As relevant, provide feedback to new hires on performance throughout training. – Identify low performers in the classroom; communicate with the Training Manager and other staff as appropriate.
- Support job performance by identifying, recommending, and developing appropriate quick reference and other supporting documentation.
- Support the maintenance of training and reference content housed within the Access Center centralized repository of information and/or knowledge base system. – Format and create content as per the design of the repository. – As assigned, maintain content; upload new information as applicable.
- Perform relevant training administrative functions, including: – Maintain a class schedule for learners. – Provide for training reports as needed. – Record course evaluation results; revamp based on comments.
- Coordinate with designated staff for trends and improvement initiatives. – Meet regularly with Training Manager and other Access Center leaders. – Assist in determining interventions to elevate performance of low-achieving learners via appropriate interventions. – Participate in Call Quality Monitoring initiatives as appropriate, including calibration, coaching, etc.
- As part of a continuous loop, identify issues that impact future training, hiring, and quality initiatives; modify materials as needed. – Participate in multi-disciplinary quality/service improvement teams as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned particularly as it relates to the startup demands of this new Access Center.
To qualify you must have a at least two years of experience within an inbound Access Center environment. At least one year of experience in a training role within a Customer Service or Access Center setting. At least one year experience with eLearning authoring software. Healthcare experience within a hospital, clinic, or specialty/primary care practice is highly desirable. Demonstrated experience in the creative design, development, and/or delivery of non-technical training to an adult audience (Samples requested). By experience or education, abilities related to learner analysis; course structure, content treatment, organization, sequencing, and outlining; and objective writing. Must show functional understanding of Access Center trends, practices, training initiatives, quality programs, coaching, and the unique demands placed on frontline staff. Must be learner-focused, with the ability to develop targeted materials based on learner preferences, characteristics, competencies, etc. Must have demonstrated solid writing and grammar skills related to informational and instructional material. Must be a high-performing PC user and highly functional in the Windows Office Suite. Must possess solid training delivery skills related to motivating and capturing the attention of adult learners; must display high energy, confidence, a sense of fun, and the desire to provide an interactive and memorable learning experience. Must exhibit patience, empathy, and other rapport building qualities. Must be task, team, and deadline oriented; must be a team player. Must have demonstrated experience in communicating effectively with all staff levels within and beyond the Access Center.
NYU Langone Florida is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Florida’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here