NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children’s hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Technical Manager-Radiology.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for managing the administrative, informational, quality assurance, regulatory compliance, clinical performance compliance and operational functions of all patient care sections of the department. Serves as a leader and role model for Radiology employees within the organization. Manages staffing concerns, collaborating on resource utilization, resolving performance management issues, as well as managing clinical activities. Collaborates with the administrative director, section chiefs, institution practice managers, nursing directors, radiology management team, radiology nurses and technologists, and radiology support personnel.
- Supports and collaborates with the Administrator(s) to plan, organize, develop, and implement the directives of the Department. Works collaboratively with Senior Administrative Director, Section Chiefs, institution practice managers/nursing directors, radiology management team, technologists and radiology nurses, and radiology support personnel.
- Oversees the evaluation of products, supplies, space and imaging equipment acquisition, use and delivery of service. Develops and implements proper inventory control systems for films, solutions, cassettes, and technical operations. Periodically evaluates condition, function, and appropriateness of existing equipment, and makes recommendations to the Snr. Administrative Director for replacement and upgrading as necessary. Assists in long range planning relative to new equipment. Assists in the evaluation and application of new equipment. Provides budgetary input regarding anticipated needs based on existing or projected changes. Checks to ensure all equipment is maintained according to manufacturers specifications, and ensures records of maintenance and repairs are maintained properly. Approves service reports. Participates actively in the long-range planning development of the department regarding equipment, space, and technical personnel. Represents the administrative director and department effectively in dealing with outside vendors who provide imaging equipment, supplies, or services to the department. Initiates the selection of quotes, purchases, repairs and maintenances contracts of imaging equipment in order to maintain efficiency and minimize costs.
- Coordinates the hiring and performance management of professional staff to include technologists, and support staff. Maintains a high level of technical skills to regularly and proficiently organize, train and counsel technical staff, with regard to job performance, professional growth and knowledge of departmental policies and procedures. Interviews prospective technical employees and makes recommendations regarding hiring to the administrative director. Plans, organizes and directs orientation programs in accordance with medical center and departmental policies for staff. Ensures assignments are understood and institutes appropriate follow-up with the Technical Supervisor to ensure the desired outcomes are reached. Allocates resources appropriately so that assignments can be accomplished. Communicates to the Technical supervisor his/her responsibilities and the standards of performance. Approaches the performance review process constructively and conduct it in accordance with personnel and departmental guidelines and procedures.
- Oversees quality control program, assures regulatory compliance and an effective quality assurance program. Inspects all patient and working areas to ensure that all appropriate cleanliness, safety measures and infection control procedures are followed in compliance with internal and external policies governing radiological services. Develops and maintains quality control programs for equipment and other integral components of the imaging systems. Ensures equipment and technical operations comply with federal, state, and local regulations. Reviews documentation on testing performed to ensure it is accurate and complete. Maintains awareness of current regulatory requirements. Ensures policies and procedures are in compliance with all applicable regulations and standards. Ensures that the department is in compliance with regulatory guidelines of TJC and other federal, state and city agencies. Acts in conjunction with appropriate ancillary and nursing departments and hospital committees to ensure compliance with standards of care. Collaborates with the Radiation Safety Officer to ensure compliance with the Departments Radiation Safety Program.
- Monitors flow, care, and safety of patients in the department to ensure compliance with department procedures. Approves all scheduling procedures, and schedules exams to maximize the use of staff and facilities. Prioritizes patient schedule, when necessary. Ensures a high degree of professionalism in the technical activity of the department and establishes standards of technical excellence in each section of the department. Periodically monitors individualized patient diagnostic testing procedures to ensure a high quality radiograph and their consistency with physicians request. Takes steps to correct errors in the performance of tests either through direct action or communication to ensure patient safety and well-being. Utilizes audit results, quality assurance reports, and accident reports to improve the quality of service. Ensures that policies and procedures are up to date, well organized, and easily accessible to the staff.
- Performs the duties of the Administrative Director in his/her absence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an A.M.A. approved school of Radiologic Technology, Ultrasound or Nuclear Medicine as appropriate
- New York State License (Radiologic Technology or Ultrasound)
- Minimum of five years leadership and management experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management or a related field
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.