NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children’s hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Mechanical Commissioning Engineer.
In this role, the successful candidate manages the commissioning of multiple projects with significant mechanical impacts (HVAC, control systems, fire protection, plumbing, etc.). This position also manages closeout, training, commissioning agents and engineers as well as various infrastructure/building projects. Additionally, this position provides owners oversight for the design, installation and commissioning of construction projects.
- Develop Task Orders and RFPs for Commissioning services based on project construction documents.
- Level commissioning proposals and bid openings.
- Maintain and update the NYULMC MEP/FP/FA/BAS design guidelines.
- Participate in design meetings and review construction documents and specifications as required. Make design comments to ensure NYULMC design standards and requirements are met. Validate comments incorporated into final construction documents.
- Provide construction project walkthroughs with plant operations staff.
- Oversee commissioning consultants scope of work; review commissioning documentation; supervise testing and commissioning efforts.
- Review asbuilt drawings to ensure conformance with construction documents.
- Review and approve all test and acceptance protocols and procedures.
- Arrange for training of plant and maintenance staff.
- Provide construction project oversight to validate MEP systems meet hospital requirements.
- Provide MEP design oversight. Validate all designers are following NYU design standards.
- Develop expertise in all mechanical systems.
- Review, comment and approve MOPs and SOPs
- Advise on safety and operational procedures for livening of any mechanical equipment or system.
- Maintain mechanical code compliance for construction sites.
- To qualify you must have a Bachelor’s degree in mechanical; M.S.E. desirable.
- 5 – 7 years commissioning experience. OSHA safety training required within 1 month of hire.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Project, Primavera, etc. as well as Excel, Access and Word. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
Familiarity with all types of mechanical and electrical systems, building control systems, and utility distribution.
Must possess the ability to function in stressful situations and respond to emergency conditions.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.