NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children’s hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Workforce Manager-FGP Access Ctr.
In this role, the successful candidate The Workforce Management Manager is responsible for forecasting and the creation, maintenance, and intra-day management of the schedules for the NYULH FGP Contact Center. The position will provide for tactical planning, schedule adjustments, and trend analysis to ensure that the Contact Center achieves service level objectives that result in a world-class Patient/Customer Experience. The Workforce Management Manager will monitor events that impact transaction volume across all channels (voice, email, and chat) and analyze staff availability and workforce utilization. The Manager will utilize appropriate Contact Center workforce management (WFM) systems, tools, and reports to assure optimum staffing levels. (S)he will analyze and review operational performance, compare results against business objectives and KPIs, and provide feedback/recommendations to management on process improvements. The Manager will play a direct role in ensuring that company policies are followed.
The Workforce Management Manager for the Contact Center will provide for staff allocation, time off requests, forecasting, contribution to capacity, and management of intraday workload utilizing Workforce Management software.
- Manage and maintain agent schedule exceptions, shift requests and assignment, time off requests, adherence performance and reporting, and training and meeting schedules.
- Support Contact Center management team in analyzing trends in call/contact volume, call patterns, staff productivity, attrition rates, and resource allocation; report results to appropriate staff.
- Maintain consistent and quality communication with agents and practices; assure that a consistent means exists for funneling information updates to agents.
- Participate in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams as appropriate.
- Analyze call volume history, calling patterns, business events, service levels, and associated data to accurately forecast call/contact load and number staff required to achieve service level and workforce optimization; organize frontline schedules.
- Monitor incoming volume across all channels (voice, email, and chat), handle times, service levels, headcount, non-phone work, and other statistics (shrinkage) to ensure the appropriate number of agents available to meet Contact Center performance goals.Capture and organize Contact Center call/contact volumes and distribution trends (intraday, seasonal, peak periods).Disseminate information to Contact Center management and personnel as needed (e.g., schedules, forecasts, analysis, reports, and recommendations).Maintain the skills and schedule (capacity) of agents; coordinate daily staffing operations with appropriate Contact Center management. Provide direction to personnel on events that impact volume, handle time, arrival patterns, or other dynamics relevant to workforce utilization.
- Manage and maintain agent schedule exceptions, shift requests and assignment, time off requests, contribution to capacity (adherence) performance, and reporting, as well as training and meeting schedules.
- Manage intra-day resource allocation, skills availability, and distribution in order to meet service level goals utilizing appropriate systems and software. Monitor resources, call queues, and skills management.
- Utilize appropriate Contact Center workforce management (WFM) systems, tools, and reports to assure optimum staffing levels.
- Analyze trends, call/contact volume, arrival patterns, staff productivity, attrition rates, etc. Provide trend analysis and feedback to management to improve call, handle time, and shrinkage forecasts.Identify/report staffing concerns that negatively impact service level performance.Provide key insights from analysis and interpretation of data.
- Ensure staffing models are in line with current budget; assist in forecasting future staffing budgets for the Contact Center.
- Facilitate on-boarding of new hires, additional providers, new campaigns, etc.
- Analyze and review operational performance, compare results against business objectives and KPIs, and provide feedback/recommendations to management on process improvements.
- Perform other duties as assigned particularly as it relates to the startup demands of this new Contact Center. All those in leadership roles will be expected to take on additional duties as necessary.
To qualify you must have a Bachelors Degree in a related discipline. Must have three to five years of direct experience in workforce management (forecasting, scheduling, analyzing) within a Contact Center, preferably with experience utilizing CISCO UCCE and Verint/Calabrio WFM and/or the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Demonstrated experience in workforce planning, forecasting, scheduling, trend analysis, and statistical reporting Demonstrated hands-on experience with Contact Center WFM/reporting systems. Must have strong analytical and mathematical orientation and be detail oriented; experience in trending and statistical reporting is preferred. Experience and/or knowledge of ACD phone system functionality – CISCO UCCE. Must have strong computer skills with a proven understanding of; Healthcare systems (e.g., scheduling and electronic health record software), Microsoft Office desktop applications, and Contact Center systems (e.g., WFM, ACD, Quality), and Salesforce.
NYU Langone Florida is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Florida’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.