NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is a full-service teaching hospital and Level I trauma center located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The medical center is central to a comprehensive network of affiliated ambulatory and outpatient practices, and serves as NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn’s anchor for healthcare access, growth, and delivery in the entire borough. Learn more about NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Temporary Talent Acquisition Specialist in support of our Brooklyn (Sunset Park) region. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for recruiting, interviewing, and selecting qualified applicants for positions in the Allied Health talent areas (licensed healthcare professionals). Develops and implements marketing strategies. Acts as an internal consultant to departments regarding staffing concerns/policies/procedures. Prepares metrics and reports for the department. Provides invaluable assistance to multiple NYU Langone Health (Brooklyn campus) departments to fill critical vacancies.
- Responds to emails/voicemails within 24 hours of receipt. Alerts internal/external customers of scheduled absences and contingency plans. Manages out of office greeting with guidelines set and voicemail as well. Takes ownership of customer concerns and becomes primary point of contact until issues are resolved. Smiles in both face to face and telephone interactions. Maintains confidentiality of new hire/employee information at all times. Takes precautions to place confidential information out of sight. Maintains neat and professional work space. Ends client interactions positively (i.e. asks “Is there anything else I can help you with today?”). Commits to learning about different areas to broaden knowledge base. Provides clear timelines to customers for issue resolution or commits to providing a timeline if one is not known. Identifies him/herself clearly in all communications.
- Oversees the Recruitment process including sourcing, screening, credentialing, and evaluating candidates, verifying requirements are met regarding previous education and experience for positions that the Specialist recruits for including Managerial level positions. Utilizes discretion and judgment when selecting and referring candidates. Provides clear, concise and accurate information regarding Medical Center policies and procedures, job requirements and benefit information to potential applicants; provides feedback, as needed, to appropriate sections (Compensation and Benefits) re: Medical Center’s competitiveness in these areas. Addresses salary issues by reviewing the qualifications of individuals, job requirements and needs of the department in order to determine salary offer; addresses any pending salary questions with Compensation to develop effective resolutions.
- Oversees the on-boarding process for new hires which entails completion of thorough references, review of paperwork, issuance of security id, verification of license, education and experience to meet minimal qualifications and successful completion of background check and form I-9.
- Program development/implementation of recruitment programs to attract viable candidates. Utilizes effective recruitment techniques developing long term relationships with schools, professional associations, publications, and agencies to broaden pool of potential applicants. Researches alternative resources that help target active/passive applicants such as social media, and maintains effective recruitment literature. Develops and implements advertising and marketing strategies. Coordinates and oversees recruitment outreach programs, open houses, job fairs, career days, and related recruitment activities for events both onsite and offsite. Coordinates High School Explorers Programs and On/Off Campus events.
- Utilizes the Candidate Relationship Management tool to develop a talent community, and build strong pipelines of potential candidates. Pinpoints job seekers by engaging them with NYULMC’s brand (i.e. careers site, social media, banner ads, etc.)
- Builds strong and effective relationships with department heads to develop marketing strategies and events to recruit and secure top talent. Acts as a consultant and maintains contact with department heads and supervisors within the areas of responsibility to determine staffing needs. Develops long term networking relationships with key resources in order to increase/broaden pool of potential applicants, and sharing contacts with colleagues; Branding, proactively recruiting and building pipelines. Develops effective marketing strategies in collaboration with advertising agency. Selects venues, job boards and job fairs that will result in locating top talent. Manages cost containment activities regarding advertising. Also, conducts needs assessment with his/her team regarding ad planning (frequency, publication selection, etc.) Ensures compliance with Public Affairs regarding visual guidelines, as well as, consistency across the organization.
- Provides coaching, interview/resume preparation to Steps for Success applicants for job referrals and/or counseling. Ensures compliance with policy guidelines concerning the Steps for Success Program and documents outcome for each applicant. Follows up with each applicant regarding outcome and relays feedback in a constructive manner.
- Manages various projects including – coordinates the for- credit internship program by facilitating relationship building/agreement approvals with eligible academic institutions, reporting on status with senior staff; and completing sourcing, screening, credentialing and on- boarding steps for selected students
- Maintains an active awareness of the Medical Center’s commitment to affirmative action/EEO goals and incorporates same when planning recruitment strategies and activities. Develops relationships with niche organizations that facilitate access to a diverse talent pool.
- Prepares accurate, thorough, and timely AA/EEO reports, turnover analysis studies, and activity reports for areas of responsibility as needed. Composes reports in clear, concise, and timely manner according to pre-set guidelines.
- Demonstrates reliability by maintaining a good attendance/punctuality record. Adheres to department guidelines regarding use of and proper notification in connection with time off.
- Assumes Talent Acquisition Assistant duties when coverage is needed and taking initiative to remain continuously aware of the new hire onboarding process in order to easily assume the role.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of three years of recruiting and/or interviewing experience in healthcare.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Applicant Tracking Systems plus knowledge of PeopleSoft.
- Effective oral written communication skills, as well as, consultative skills with the ability to understand the needs and urgency of assigned customer base are essential.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We’re pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York’s hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well.
We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you’ll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Health demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.