- Graduate of a NAACLS accredited Pathology Assistant training program, or Bachelors Degree in clinical laboratory science, medical technology, biology or related field, with required previous related experience including surgical pathology, gross dissection of surgical specimens, and frozen sections.
- NYSDOH License as a clinical laboratory histotechnician, technician, technologist or Pathologist Assistant.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work independently.
Required Licenses: NYS-Pathologist Assistant Lic, Certified Histo Technician-NYS, CliniclLabTechnolgst-NYSPermit, Clinical Lab Technician-NYS, Clinical Lab Technologist-NYS
- National Certification by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP-PA).
- Board certified by the American Society of Clinical Pathology Board of Registry (ASCP BOR).
- Certification through the American Association of Pathologist Assistants (AAPA).
- Experience working with Residents and Fellows.
- 2 years experience working in a surgical pathology laboratory as a Pathologist Assistant.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.