NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children’s hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
In this highly visible role, you will get to recruit, interview, and select qualified applicants for positions for FGP & Ambulatory sites. Develop and implement marketing strategies and act as a consultant to departments regarding staffing concerns/policies/procedures and provide invaluable assistance to departments to fill critical vacancies.
- Oversees the Recruitment process including sourcing, screening, checking references, credentialing, and evaluating candidates, verifying requirements are met regarding previous education and experience for positions including Managerial level positions. Utilizes discretion and judgment when selecting and referring candidates. Provides clear, concise and accurate information regarding NYU Langone policies and procedures, job requirements and benefit information to potential applicants; provides feedback, as needed, to appropriate sections (Compensation and Benefits) re: NYU Langone’s competitiveness in these areas. Addresses salary issues by reviewing the qualifications of individuals, job requirements and needs of the department in order to determine salary offer; addresses any pending salary questions with Compensation to develop effective resolutions.
- Program development/implementation of recruitment programs to attract viable candidates. Utilizes effective recruitment techniques developing long term relationships with schools, professional associations, publications, and agencies to broaden pool of potential applicants. Researches alternative resources that help target active/passive applicants such as social media, and maintains effective recruitment literature. Develops and implements advertising and marketing strategies. Coordinates and oversees recruitment outreach programs, open houses, job fairs, career days, and related recruitment activities for events both onsite and offsite.
- Utilizes the Candidate Relationship Management tool to develop a talent community, and build strong pipelines of potential candidates. Pinpoints job seekers by engaging them with NYU Langone’s brand (i.e. careers site, social media, banner ads, etc.). Uses resources available to source qualified candidates (such as LinkedIn, Indeed, or any new resource available).
- Acts as a consultant and maintains contact with department heads and supervisors within the areas of responsibility to determine staffing needs.
- Develops long term networking relationships with key resources in order to increase/broaden pool of potential applicants, and sharing contacts with colleagues; Branding, proactively recruiting and building pipelines.
- Develops effective marketing strategies in collaboration with advertising agency. Selects venues, job boards and job fairs that will result in locating top talent. Manages cost containment activities regarding advertising.
- Manages various projects.
- Maintains an active awareness of NYU Langone Health’s commitment to affirmative action/EEO goals and incorporates same when planning recruitment strategies and activities. Develops relationships with organizations that facilitate access to a diverse talent pool.
- Prepares accurate, thorough, and timely AA/EEO reports, turnover analysis studies, and activity reports for areas of responsibility as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Management with a minimum of three years of recruiting and/or interviewing experience in healthcare.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Applicant Tracking Systems plus knowledge of PeopleSoft.
- Effective oral written communication skills, as well as, consultative skills with the ability to understand the needs and urgency of assigned customer base are essential.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.