NYU Grossman School of Medicine is one of the nation’s top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU Grossman School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the Grossman School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Mark your calendar!
Medical Administrative Virtual Interview Days
Tuesday, July 20, 2021 and Wednesday, July 21, 2021
If you’ve been waiting for a chance to learn more about working in our world-class medical facilities at locations throughout New York City’s five boroughs and Long Island, this is your opportunity! We are looking for medical administrative support staff who know how to deliver quality patient care. You must apply online in order to be considered for the event.
We will have per diem, temporary, part-time, and full-time opportunities in the following roles:
- FGP Secretary I-Intake/Scheduler
High School Diploma or the equivalent is required.
- FGP Secretary II-Intake/Scheduler
High School Diploma or the equivalent AND a minimum of three years of relevant medical clerical experience.
In these roles, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing basic front-desk support for clinical intake operations.
- Provides reception assistance (i.e. greet patients, answer calls, requests for assistance are directed to proper individual, etc.). Screens telephone callers in pleasant and a professional manner; handles calls; takes messages or directs caller to appropriate person or area.
- Schedules routine appointments and follow ups for visits and procedures that do not require/or have already been pre-authorized. Prepares the daily schedule. Refers all inquiries regarding pre-authorizations/certifications to the Medical Secretary.
- Responsible for patient check-in and check-out. Gathers all patient demographic related data and materials from patients and/or their representatives. Obtains insurance information (ID card, member/group #s, etc.), verifies insurance eligibility electronically, takes their picture and asks them to use Patient Secure. On subsequent visits, asks them to verify demographic info and makes any necessary edits. Collects and asks patients to sign patient related documents including HIPAA, MSPQ, ABN, etc. Follows up with patients and/or their representatives, physician offices, etc. to gather missing data and materials in order to complete the intake process, or refers to more senior level staff.
- Scans all necessary documents (insurance cards, lab requisitions, etc.) into the intake system.
- Monitors intake work queue for timely intake completion.
- Refers patients who have a question regarding insurance coverage or are in need of counsel on financial matters based on established criteria (e.g., denial of electronic insurance eligibility, ABN questions/concerns, questions regarding insurance or pay-or restrictions, making payment, multi plan determinations, any and all issues/questions/concerns relating to financial matters) to the Business Office Associate.
- Maintains cooperative and professional relationships with physicians, nurses and office and clinical staff.
- Types routine material such as forms and letters, envelopes, etc. Types materials neatly, accurately and according to instructions. Writes materials clearly and legibly.
- Answers patient questions to ensure understanding and patient satisfaction, or refers them to more senior level staff. Maintains confidentiality on matters to which they are privileged.
- Maintains and receives files for area. Maintains files in organized and up-to-date manner in order to facilitate their retrieval. Completes filing in accordance with departmental procedures. Sorts and distributes documents and forms for area section. Distributes materials according to content of communications and departmental procedures. Logs in materials with respect to time and data when applicable. Processes incoming and outgoing documents. Completes forms neatly. Secures appropriate signatures and forwards documents/forms to correct destination based on pertinent Medical Center procedures. Maintains copy for files. Faxes documents in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Maintains supplies and cleanliness of space, restocks supplies as needed. Notifies supervisor of any shortage of supplies.
- Performs other related duties as needed by providers and supervisors.
*** Due to high applicant volume, only selected qualified candidates will be contacted with a time and instructions for the Virtual Interview Day AFTER applying to the job posting. ***
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Grossman School of Medicine’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.