NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children’s hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Development Coordinator.
The Development Coordinator is an integral member of the Giving and Fundraising Administration teams and is responsible for conducting a full range of development activities that support fundraising efforts, including assistance with initiating and maintaining key donor and prospect relationships; proposal management; fundraising events; and donor and prospect research. The Coordinator will also provide administrative support to members of the team.
- Support gift officers in day-to-day tasks and activities, including: prioritizing and arranging meetings; coordinating supportive materials for meetings; returning phone calls; replying to emails; arranging lunches, tours and small events; composing/editing routine correspondence; handling travel arrangements; prioritizing work and providing project support.
- Work closely with gift officers, members across the Development team, department/division administrators and physicians to assist in the preparation of donor proposals and reports.
- Perform supporting prospect research on donors, prospects and other potential funding sources, utilizing available research tools. Help to prepare donor briefings.
- Work with gift officers and team members to help coordinate cultivation events and stewardship activities and provide follow-up support.
- Coordinate arrangements for on-site visits and tours for individual donors and prospects.
- Respond to queries from individual donors and prospects.
- Document all development activity related to donor/prospect cultivation, gift solicitations, stewardship and general information in TRAX, the Blackbaud donor database.
- Prepare gift transmittals and work with the Gift Processing team to ensure timely and accurate processing of gifts.
- Help to prepare regular fundraising progress reports.
- Assist with the production of in-house mailings, letters, updates and invitations to prospects and donors.
- Develop expertise in TRAX.
- Develop proficiency in Selectica (contract management system) and Workfront (online project management tool) and partner with the Development Legal team to complete and track tasks associated with committed gifts/gift agreements.
- Process expense reports, requisitions and payments to vendors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- To qualify you must have a Bachelor’s degree and 2 years related experience required.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to change priorities in a high volume and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of diverse public.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- High level of energy, initiative and creativity.
- Self-motivated, outgoing and results oriented.
- Knowledge of the internet and software applications, including MS Word, Access and Excel.
- Development database experience.
Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years related experience required.
Strong writing and editing skills.
Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail.
Ability to work independently and as a team member.
Ability to change priorities in a high volume and fast-paced environment.
Ability to interact effectively with all levels of diverse public.
Ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments and meet deadlines.
Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
High level of energy, initiative and creativity.
Self-motivated, outgoing and results oriented.
Proficiency in software applications, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Development database experience preferred.
Please submit a cover letter together with your resume.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.