NYU Grossman School of Medicine is one of the nation’s top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU Grossman School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the Grossman School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Program Manager.
The Program Manager performs and manages a variety of functions including program management, internal and external communications, management support of special projects or initiatives, and divisional metrics and measurements. This position is responsible for managing program and project activities including developing and tracking budgets, tracking timelines, deliverables, milestones, and providing periodic evaluations and reports for initiatives that range from small to large in scope. Acts as the functional lead for internal programs and initiatives.
- Manage program and project portfolios in line with business strategies and in accordance with project management standards. Including but not limited to:
- Leading projects from requirements definition through deployment, identifying schedules, scopes, budget estimations, and project implementation plans
- Analyzing initiative progress and, when necessary, adapting scope, timelines, and costs to ensure that project team adheres to project requirements
- Establishing and maintaining processes to manage scope over the project lifecycle, setting project quality and performance standards, and assessing and managing risk within, and across, multiple projects
- Reporting program and initiative outcomes and/or risks to the appropriate management channels as needed escalating issues as necessary based on project work plans
- Coordinating with cross discipline team members to make sure that all parties are on track with requirements, deadlines, and schedules
- Preparing status reports by gathering, analyzing and summarizing relevant information
- Establishing effective project communication plans and ensuring their execution o Conducting post-project evaluation and identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Lead and manage special projects that support initiatives and enhancements to the Research Mission
- Support the monitoring of unit and program effectiveness, through metrics, across all Clinical Research, Sponsored Awards Administration, Contracting and Research Finance units; Manage stakeholder relationships internal and external to OSR
- Serve as a liaison with OSR Leadership and the Research Community.
- Monitor and comply with project budgets and schedules that may have a moderate impact on financial revenue and expenses.
- Establish goals for project delivery while working with OSR leadership to apply current best practices in the project lifecycle.
- Coordinate project resources in conjunction with resource holders and other managers.
- Conduct periodical meetings with stakeholders to schedule and coordinate activities.
- Assist in defining program mission and vision, establishing strategic alignment, and identifying internal and external stakeholders
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business administration, health care administration or related field. 2-5 years of program management experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficiency in using various Microsoft Office applications such as World, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook. Proven success working with all levels of management. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong presentation skills. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Understanding of formal project management methodologies and project management tools. Time management skills and ability to work well under pressure. Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and must work and communicate effectively with both internal and external customers. Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently.
- Prior experience working in an academic medical institution.
- Six Sigma certification and/or experience with business process reengineering.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Grossman School of Medicine’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.