NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children’s hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Project Manager.
Project Management, Process Improvement and Department Oversight:
- Responsible for assisting the senior director in managing Infection Control’s portfolio of projects and performance improvement initiatives, from development to implementation, and evaluation of outcomes, with both local and enterprise-wide impact. Under the direction of senior director, ensures that IPC led initiatives are aligned with the department’s and organization’s mission and vision and current and future goals. Assists in overseeing project teams with internal and external stakeholders. Assists in establishing and overseeing the development and implementation of short- and long-term IPC process improvement projects. Determines the optimal progression to achieve goals under direction of the senior director. Reviews, analyzes, and reports on various activities to assess progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Schedules and leads meetings with multidisciplinary stakeholders covering complex topics and ensures follow-up and appropriate action is taken after meetings conclude.
- Communicates project status to appropriate stakeholders and IPC department leadership.
- Identifies barriers for implementation and develops strategies to minimize or remove obstacles.
- Manage day-to-day activities, including decision-making, for medium to complex initiatives and programs with multidisciplinary groups of internal and external stakeholders. This includes but is not limited to:
- Ongoing review and revision of all IPC policies and procedures for accuracy and compliance
- Assist directors in ensuring investigations and case reviews are performed in a timely manner
- Oversee and maintain documentation of IPC practitioner and epidemiologists quarterly performance and mentoring reviews
- Assist IPC leadership with continuous medical education for IPC PR practitioners and epidemiologists
- Collaborate with EMER to develop and maintain our high consequence pathogen response, including oversight of viral hemorrhagic fever plan with training of staff in personal protective equipment
- Oversee IPC budget
- Primary responsibility for IPC compliance with pertinent HR policies, MSS reports, Kronos timekeeping, practitioner certification
- Oversee daily office functions, including contracts, timekeeping, purchasing, facilities and communications
- Develops, implements and educates internal team members on project management methods and process improvement methods and tools. Ensure standard approach to project management within the department.
- Oversight of department administrative assistant
- Takes lead in the assessment and revision of the IPC plan, which summarizes the priorities of the department, including who is responsble for the item, key stakeholds, metrics and deliverables. This plan is formally reviewed at least quarterly, but is a living document.
- Oversight of IPC provider and patient education activities, including annual training, patient messaging and IPC related signage
- Oversight of annual influenza vaccination point of distribution clinics. Serves as IPC liaison to hospital, FGP and FHC leadership for the influenza vaccination campaign. Collaborates with OHS leadership as needed.
- With senior director and chief hospital epidemiologist
- ensure NYULH regulatory compliance for matter relating to IPC, including survey readiness.
- Oversee IPC integration plan with LICH
- Coordinates with Analytics team leadership to ensure efficient collaboration with IPC department
- Builds strong relationships/partnerships with clinical/administrative leadership to promote engagement and ensure continuous portfolio prioritization
- With Antibiotic Stewardship Program medical director and ID clinical pharmacist director:
- Coordinates with MCIT to ensure order sets support current version of ASP policy
- Coordinates with Analytics group to ensure timely and accurate submission of reportable metrics
Communication and Information Management:
- Take complex initiatives and make them meaningful to a variety of stakeholders, both internal and external, using multiple communication channels.
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifying one’s own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations and individuals involved
- Document relevant workflows, project requirements, expertise and procedure gaps, best practices, key decisions, and necessary follow-ups.
- Liaises with administrators, providers, clinical leaders, and staff to identify process improvement opportunities.
Infection Control Risk Assessments:
- Oversees department construction ICRA program in ATG (Advanced Technologies Group)
- Educates assigned Infection Preventionists and construction project managers regarding infection control standards and risk to patients.
- Deviation from standard practice
- Responsible for oversight of active ICRAs, including monitoring plan, record keeping and close out
- Assist in administrative and office functions in support of the department
Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration, health management, nursing, public health, business administration or related field
- 3 years of experience in a healthcare setting
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.