Have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting and knowledge of general accepting accounting principles;
- A minimum of three to five (3-5) years of accounting experience. Must have a sound understanding of accounting and/or finance and a general understanding of the healthcare and/or higher-ed industry in order to effectively carry out the responsibilities of the position.
- Working knowledge of general ledger, journal entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and month end.
- Excellent analytical skills combined with a strong attention to detail and the ability to present complex information in a usable format to a diverse audience.
- Ability to interpret and apply finance and accounting policies, practices, and systems.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong planning, organization, customer service, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Strong work ethic, with ability to work extended hours as required.
- Must become and remain proficient in all programs necessary to perform the duties and responsibilities for this role including an advanced understanding of Excel with functionality such as pivot table and v-lookup and Microsoft Word.
- CPA license or working towards a CPA and public accounting background is preferred.
- Not-for-profit, healthcare or higher-ed industry experience is preferred.
- Proficient computer skills to support the General Accounting Department of NYU
- Langone Health Systems.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
NYU Langone Health provides a salary range to comply with the New York City Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The salary range for the role is $73,770.80 – $88,400 Annually. Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including experience, specialty, education, and hospital need. The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation or benefits.