NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island is a 591-bed university-affiliated medical center, which offers sophisticated diagnostic and therapeutic care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty of medicine and surgery. We are a major regional healthcare resource with a deep commitment to medical education and research, offering a full complement of inpatient and outpatient services.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a EEG Technician (SP) / EEG (Hospital).
In this role, the successful candidate performs neuro-diagnostic studies: routine EEG, sleep-deprived EEG, 24Hour EEG/Video monitoring, ambulatory long term EEG, Brain Stem Audio, Visual, and Somato-Sensory Evoked Potentials studies.
- Prepares patients for the test and explains the procedure. Applies electrodes on predetermined measured positions (system1020). Selects predetermined electrode combinations as well as special combinations. Runs the test and operates the necessary steps as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Prepares requests for linen, operating materials and supply. Organizes, schedules and performs with technicians, equipment preventive maintenance and equipment repair. Controls technicians to perform their mandatory required job related duties.
- Assists the technical Director with: (1) interviewing, hiring and evaluating the laboratory staff (2) updates and preparation of Laboratory policy, services and procedures (3) managing daily laboratory activities.
- Washes and disinfects all electrodes. Calibrates and maintains the equipment. Maintains patient records, archives EEG data files, and arranges appointments. Schedules in-patient test procedures and arranges patient transport.
- Enters all pertinent patient information and all test results in the laboratory log book, and in the WUH network (ND Laboratory log spreadsheet). Enters all necessary billing information for the study in the hospital computer network OAS system.
- Obtains relevant information from the patient s clinical record to be entered into the test worksheet. Enters patient s diagnosis, condition, and medications in use and all other medical information required.
To qualify you must have a High School Required. Current and valid BLS or CPR Certification Required. ABRET (American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic and Evoved Potential Technologists) EEG certification within 5 years of hire for all hires on or after 1/1/16 Required. 3-5 years Performing routine EEG studies for all hires on or after 1/1/16. This requirement may be waived for any hires that have completed an accredited program as defined by ASET Required. Strong communication (both written and oral), detail orientation, multitasking, and customer service skills Required. Proficient in Excel, Word, and Microsoft Office as well as a basic understanding of networking Required..
Preferred Licenses: Electroneurodiagnostic Technic
Bachelor’s Degree Bachelor s Degree in related field preferred. Professional certificate of Electro-diagnostic EEG/EP Technologist isHighly desirable,. Completion of a course in Electroencephalography and Evoked Potentials.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.