NYU Grossman School of Medicine is one of the nation’s top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU Grossman School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the Grossman School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. At NYU Langone Health, equity, diversity, and inclusion are fundamental values. We strive to be a place where our exceptionally talented faculty, staff, and students of all identities can thrive. We embrace diversity, inclusion, and individual skills, ideas, and knowledge. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Research Nurse, Vaccine Center.
Serves as a nurse observer in studies of patient clinical response and the therapeutic efficacy of drugs and other measure that are carried out as both a means of teaching identified goals of patient care and clinical research.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- PUBLICATION – Contributes to and publishes relevant research findings in collaboration with research staff. Communicates published research findings to staff members. Prepares reports/abstracts for conferences and publication.
- COLLABORATION – Establishes communication with other health professionals to promote and implement research with in assigned unit/department. Collaborates with regulatory coordinator in monitoring all activities, evaluating results and documenting same. Actively participates in appropriate committees with the Department or Institution.
- COMMUNICATION/DOCUMENTATION – Enters documentation of all medications and/or treatments administered to patients in appropriate medical record. If and when applicable, maintains appropriate records of supplies and investigational drugs in protocol studies as required by government, hospital and FDA regulations. Assists clinician in writing up study conclusion report and research paper. Communicates appropriate information within organization in a timely manner. Reports promptly and accurately all significant clinical events to clinician. Ensures accuracy, usefulness and completeness of all hospital and departmental records and manuals. Contributes to a climate supportive of all departmental and institutional activities.
- TIME MANAGEMENT – Works flexible hours in assuming responsibility and accountability for assigned responsibilities. Sets priorities in collaboration with other staff and plans/schedules work hours accordingly. Meets deadlines as required.
- CONTINUOUS LEARNING – Position requires ongoing continuing education in all areas of research development (training programs are provided through the SOM). Promotes own professional growth and development in research role and maintains current expertise in area of practice. Maintains annual requirement of 10 CEUs in continuing research education; employee must demonstrate proof of ongoing research education. Serves as a resource to peers and works collaboratively with other disciplines within the area of expertise.
- PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT – Participates in formal evaluation of own progress, setting goals toward improvement. Updates practices in accordance with nursing standards or professional trends. Seeks advanced learning experiences independently (workshops, seminars, conferences, courses, etc.). Regularly reviews current nursing research literature and shares significant information with staff. Participates actively in professional organizations.
- STAFF/PATIENT EDUCATION – Provides patients/families instruction with teaching materials pertinent to protocol, medication and disease management.
- AGE-SPECIFIC STANDARDS – Demonstrates knowledge when performing duties and responsibilities outlined herein of principles of growth and development appropriate to age(s) of patients served (i.e. neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, geriatric). Effectively assesses data reflective of patients status and interprets appropriate information needed to identify each patients requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs. Demonstrates an understanding of range of treatment and effectively selects and adapts treatment to patients age specific needs. Effectively provides patient care needed as described in nursing/research departments policies and procedures.
- CLINICAL – Screens and directs attention of clinician to all patients referred by medical/nursing staff as potential candidates for study. Administers appropriate test medication/treatments in accordance with protocol; documents observations. Makes patient and chart rounds to observe progress of patient. Promptly responds to calls from medical or nursing staff regarding any untoward reactions occurring in patients and immediately apprises the clinician of same. Demonstrates skill in handling problematic patient care situations when need arises. Participates in monitoring/maintaining a safe environment for staff, visitors and patients through hazard-identification and reporting accident prevention. Contributes to the application of evidence-based research findings to appropriate clinical settings.
- PLANNING – Meets with clinician regularly to review approved or proposed projects; participates in planning and evaluating these projects. Participates in staff meetings on a regular basis.
- ADMINSTRATIVE – Ascertains that appropriate consents, protocols and form are properly completed and filed in patients chart. Records all required clinical information. Collects data at conclusion of each sessions observations and ascertains that these forms are forwarded to appropriate location/department in a timely manner. Promptly reports to clinician all untoward reactions observed during the course of treatment, all potentially serious reactions, and any problems encountered. Records immediately all observations in appropriate record.
To qualify you must have a
- NYS RN License with current registration. Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, or equivalent combination of education and experience with plans to earn a baccalaureate degree in Nursing.
- Prior RN experience in a clinical setting preferred. Experience working with specific indications (department-specific).
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Proficiency in using various Microsoft Office applications such as World, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook. Familiar with Internet applications.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, and strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and work and communicate effectively with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently. Commitment to continuous learning as required by department administration.
- Ability to make decisions independently.
- Ability to manage time, multi task and prioritize work. Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems; ability to work well under pressure..
Required Licenses: Registered Nurse License-NYS
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing is highly preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Grossman School of Medicine’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.
NYU Langone Health provides a salary range to comply with the New York City Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The salary range for the role is $74,500.00 – $99,571.56 Annually. Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including experience, specialty, education, and hospital need. The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation or benefits.
To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here