FGP Optical Sales Associate- Center for Men's Health
Job ID: 1050514_RR00026428
Area of Talent: Service – Other, Ambulatory/Outpatient, NYU School of Medicine, Preston Robert Tisch Center for Mens Health
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Location: NYU School of Medicine
Shift: 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM variable hours
NYU School of Medicine is one of the nation’s top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a FGP Optical Sales Associate.
In this role, the successful candidate has retail optical experience and a passion for sales, fashion, and healthcare.
- Knowledge of various vision plans.
- Ensure cases and displays are properly maintained and stocked
- Effectively execute product promotions to increase sales and brand awareness for NYU Langone Health Optical
- Stay up to date on optical trends and services
- Must be able to take lens measurements and adjust frames for fitting
- Provide each client assistance and education on frame types, lenses, and other optical products
- Engage and create a personalized experience with each client to promote various optical services
- Associate Degree or higher
- Licensed Optician
- 3 yrs. optical sales experience
- 3 yrs. of vendor and inventory management experience
- Must be able to develop, track, and obtain sales goals.
- Knowledge of current and emerging optical market.
- Knowledge of contact lens fitting.
- Knowledge of eyeglass lens finishing
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU School of Medicine’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.