FGP Medical Assistant (37.5) (Hematology,Oncology Exp Pref)
Job ID: 1051503_RR00026932
Area of Talent: Medical Office Support, FGP-NYU Hematology Oncology As (S1684), NYU School of Medicine
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Location: NYU School of Medicine
Shift: 7:30AM-5:30PM (Looking for Flexibility) variable hours
NYU School of Medicine is one of the nation’s top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a FGP Medical Assistant (37.5).
In this role, the successful candidate Responsible for assisting physicians and nurses in providing patient care
- Obtains vital signs, weights, and EKGs when needed, and all other tests within the scope of the practice. Assist with blood collection/phlebotomy as needed.
- Assist with maintaining patient flow to and from exam rooms and treatment areas. Assists in escorting patients and specimens throughout the facility.
- Ensures chart is available, with relevant lab work and test reports if indicated, for the physician when the physician sees the patient.
- Stocks exam room/treatment rooms with medical supplies, linen, and designated chart forms. Notify the Office Manager when supplies are low.
- Ensures exam rooms and treatment areas are cleaned after each patient leaves and prepared for the next patient. Assists with light housekeeping duties which include spills.
- Assures completion of patient charges as per policy.
- Assists patient with obtaining food, toileting, ambulating and maintaining comfort.
- Assists physicians with procedures (e.g. GI procedures, all medical exams).
- Cleans and sterilizes designated equipment after use.
- Answers telephone in treatment area and assists staff in scheduling treatments.
- Assists patients and communicate with Physicians to obtain prescription renewals as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a 1. High School Diploma or the equivalent
2. Completion of a Medical Assistant Program from an accredited institution
Current Medical Assistant Certification from a nationally recognized accredited institution (such as American Association of Medical Assistant (AAMA); American Medical Technologies (AMT); National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT); National Healthcare Association (NHA).
MA experience preferred.EKG and/or Spirometry experience preferred.Second language mastery
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU School of Medicine’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.