NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children’s hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute¿designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Executive Assistant.
In this role, the successful candidate Responsible for providing complex daily administrative support and other related duties to the Senior Vice President (SVP) in regard to the SVPs own work. The Executive Assistant coordinates and directs office services, prepares reports and budgets, maintains a complex daily calendar, interprets administrative and operating policies and procedures for employees, analyzes administrative operating practices, makes judgment about or assesses the value, importance, and quality of customer services and administrative procedures and creates new or revises existing methods, provides consultation and advice to management, etc.
- Complex Administrative Support – Supervises and coordinates administrative, fiscal and personal support for the SVP to ensure the completion of tasks, maintains and improves the workflow level and processes, and ensures that services are provided in an effective and efficient manner. Compiles, categorizes, calculates, audits, verifies, or processes information or data. Plans conferences, maintains schedule of calendar, reads and answers correspondence, interprets administrative and operating policies and procedures for employees, supervises and trains administrative staff if applicable, develops documents for presentations or meetings, maintains records of all documentation, file materials and manages data entry.
- Decisions Making and Problem Solving Combines and evaluates information and data to make decisions about relative importance of information and choosing the best solution to solve problems. Resolves non-routine situations based on established policies and procedures and refers non solved issues and questions to the appropriate party.
- Communication/Public Contact Supervises and guides administrative staff if applicable, recommends procedures and implements the approved ones. Processes all outgoing communication in the form of emails, letters, voice messages, etc. Provides information, consultation and expert advice to the SVP, colleagues, and subordinates on technical, systems-related, or process related topics. Meets and greets clients, answers phones, provides information and processes messages for the SVP. Communicates with persons outside the organization.
- Word Processing/Typing Reviews work completed by others, checks correct spelling, grammar, format, etc. Prepares and proofreads memos and reports. Prepares correspondence and documents independently from rough drafts, corrected copies, voice recordings, dictation or previous versions, based on knowledge/research of relevant topic/professional field to correspondence and documents. May require subject matter knowledge. Ensures that company format policies are followed, and recommends revisions.
- Reports Prepares reports, such as recommendations for solutions of administrative problems. Researches, compiles, analyzes information, prepares reports, and makes recommendation based on subject matter knowledge. Responds to requests for information, summarizes and data based on information compiled from various sources.
- Office Management Improves workflow, simplifies reporting procedures, improves customer services or implements cost reductions. Analyzes operating practices and procedures to create new and/or to revise existing methods. Supervises and assigns administrative staff as applicable. Coordinates and may attend meetings and other events on behalf of the SVP as needed.
- Scheduling/Coordinating – Makes travel arrangements for the SVP, manages calendar, supervises, coordinates and sets up large and complex meetings, conferences and programs. Makes complex scheduling arrangements involving multiple parties and conferences under minimum direction. Cancel meetings based on knowledge of the subject and attendees. Schedules appointments, meetings and personal appearances and speeches for the SVP. Recognizes and identifies information that can be disseminated and to whom, assists with special events planning. Organizes travel logistic arrangements and itineraries as needed.
- Filing/Mail Distribution – Files and retrieves documents, records. Maintains correspondence and filing system for SVP.
- Provides supervision and on-going guidance to clerical and administrative staff as applicable and/or on-the-job training as needed.
- Usage of Advance donor database, keeping all Advance data updated and complete, and knowledge of Fundraising Guidelines applicable to position duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required.
Minimum of 6 years of responsible administrative executive experience in an office setting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Effective oral, written skills including knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation, tact, diplomacy and interpersonal skills.
Time management skills and be able to work well under pressure.
Maintaining a professional and positive attitude while effectively meeting deadlines.
Proficiency in using various Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook.
Familiar with Internet applications.
Good organizational skills, with the ability to handle variety of projects simultaneously and prioritize effectively while paying attention to details.
Ability to multi task and project manage. Active Listening, Judgment and Decision Making skills.
Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and must work and communicate effectively with both internal and external customers.
Ability to work as part of a team and willing to back up others.
Knowledge of modern office standard practices and procedures.
Please include resume and cover letter to your application
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.