NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children’s hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute¿designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Nurse Manager.
In this role, the successful candidate Provides and integrates clinical leadership and management of a designated unit of patient care on a twenty four hour basis, consistent with the philosophy and goals of the institution, Departments of Nursing, and clinical service; develops and sustains an environment of excellence in patient / family service, growth and development of staff, and application of evidenced-based practice.
- Ensures a collaborative interdisciplinary approach to achieve optimal patient care outcomes and to further the goals of the institution.
- Coordinates care delivery and assignment of staff based upon identified patient care needs and clinical competency for optimal unit operation and patient outcomes.
- Identifies and addresses learning needs of all staff members.
- Encourages professional development of RNs along the clinical ladder.
- Creates unit milieu supportive of the education and development of the nursing staff and other health care providers.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of education and development activities in achieving desired patient and staff outcomes.
- Promotes own professional growth and development in clinical and managerial roles.
- Serves as a support and resource for the education of health professionals
- Establishes and maintains a unit-based quality and performance improvement program consistent with the service and departmental program and organizational goals.
- Develops and implements action plans in response to internal and external benchmarking data, problems, findings, issues, incidents and complaints.
- Participates in interdisciplinary and Partnering for Quality improvement programs and cultivates environment that promotes patient/family, physician and staff satisfaction and excellent clinical patient outcomes.
- Participates in and fosters staff involvement in nursing research / evidence based practice efforts.
- Maintains awareness of research protocols applicable to the patient population served, assures staff awareness and knowledge of such protocols, protects rights of patients, and participates in assessment / evaluation of outcomes.
- Provides leadership for the unit, serving as a role model and resource for unit or service-level leadership staff.
- Facilitates an environment conducive to creativity in practice, shared decision making and collaboration with all members of the health care team;
- Provides a suitable plan for optimal utilization of resources for safe, competent, and effective patient centered care delivery
- Assures compliance with standards and regulations promulgated by all applicable agencies.
- Identifies, investigates and proactively responds to potential and actual risk management issues per standards and institutional policies.
- Manages the unit budget with consideration to appropriate staffing, skill mix, patient outcomes, safety and cost efficient use of resources.
- Interviews, hires, develops, guides, counsels, and disciplines nursing staff consistent with principles of a caring, fair, and professional work environment.
- Promotes patient, physician and other consumer satisfaction by facilitating excellent customer service by all members of the health care team.
- Collects, analyzes and uses data to drive practice changes that integrate quality, safety, patient experience, and productivity metrics for excellent patient and nursing outcomes.
- Promotes satisfaction of internal and external customers through effective communications.
- Effectively interacts with family and patients and resolves concerns related to the delivery of healthcare services.
To qualify you must have a Current Registered Professional Nurse in New York. Baccalaureate degree in Nursing required, Master’s Degree in Nursing or health-related area preferred. At least three years of clinical practice in the care of the patient population served; ability to apply nursing process toward achievement of specific outcomes in an organized fashion which addresses patient/family satisfaction and quality indicators..
Required Licenses: Registered Nurse License-NYS, Basic Life Support Cert
Progressive leadership; demonstrated in a leadership position or demonstrates the potential for leadership competency. Evidence of excellent interpersonal skills, effective communication skills, and creative problem solving. Membership in pertinent professional organizations. Certification in relevant practice area preferred. Physical stamina, manual dexterity, visual and aural acuity to perform responsibilities.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.