NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children’s hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Finance Project Manager.
In this role, the successful candidate as a Finance Project Manager will be responsible for the successful planning and execution of multiple SCM projects. Essential to your success, will be your ability to conduct data and financial analyses, manage projects and ensure timely and effective communication with the Senior Project Director, VP Supply Chain Management, CFO, Finance and NYULHS Leadership. You will work under the general direction of the Director, Supply Chain Integration and Transformation and works closely with VP Supply Chain Management and staff.
- Manages projects for the Supply Chain Management/Finance department :
o Develops and maintains project plans for a range of SCM initiatives
o Coordinates and monitors efforts and resources, both internal and external against defined timelines & milestones
o Understands key issues, communicates and synthesizes ideas.
o Conducts and oversees financial and data analyses to support projects & SCM priorities
o Completes status reports and presents deliverables to Senior Project Director, CFO, VP Supply Chain Management and the Finance leadership team members
o Manages and facilitates work team activities
o Identifies process improvement opportunities through Lean Six Sigma and process review activities
o Defines best practices and supporting technologies to improve SCM/Finance processes
o Participates in SCM/Finance and other cross-departmental project efforts with NYULMC Lead Six Sigma Team
o Schedules and facilitates project meetings, tracks impact and issue documents.
o Recognizes technical, business, and operational impacts of a project.
o Escalates issues or concerns
- Ensures adherence to all current project and Six Sigma methodology standards and procedures; identifies supporting technologies to facilitate information sharing and knowledge management.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organizations Service Standards and incorporates them into the performance of duties.
- Effectively communicates and develops professional cooperation across the organization.
Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
- Mentors junior staff members.
Promotes departmental ideas and engages in departmental activities.
- Makes good recommendations based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
Relates well to all kinds of people at all levels, inside and outside the organization.
Knows how to get things done through formal channels and informal networks.
To qualify you must have a the ideal candidate has:
- A Masters Degree in, Business Administration, Health Administration or related field.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Supply Chain Management working in/for large health care organizations or systems
- Experience with project management methodologies and tools for large scale, complex projects.
- Experience with Six Sigma and or process improvement methodologies
- Experience with enterprise SCM and Finance technologies, such as PeopleSoft, Hyperion, etc.
- Proficient use of project management, Excel, word processing, and spreadsheet applications.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.