NYU Grossman School of Medicine is one of the nation’s top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU Grossman School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as an FGP Ambulatory Practice Liaison-Patient Experience to support our ambulatory network.
In this role, the successful candidate is an integral part of the FGP Ambulatory Optimization and Patient Access team, serving as a key liaison for practice operations and patients. This individual is responsible for helping to optimize patient flow and throughput with a key focus on driving and fostering patient-centered care and service excellence. Under the guidance of the FGP and Practice leadership, this individual will assist in identifying areas of opportunity, and help to pilot new processes, systems and activities that will ultimately improve overall FGP CG CAHPS performance. The liaison will also proactively round on patients to keep them informed about any delays, offer assistance with checking in, signing up for MyChart, and perform other tasks that will provide patients with a seamless experience before, during and after their visit.
- Serve as the liaison and a key point of contact between practice operations and patients, managing and coordinating patient throughput. Actively listen to patient concerns, and escalate to appropriate management as they arise, performing service recovery as needed
- Anticipate patient needs and communicate with appropriate staff and leadership to manage and facilitate solutions. Proactively communicate with patients in a timely manner to provide consistent and individual updates , while continuously tracking wait times, delays and next steps
- Assist patients in signing up for MyChart, using the ipads, and answering questions related to their visit
- Support the practice Patient Experience Champion while participating in focused work groups to create, develop, and implement best practices
- Work with the FGP and practice leadership to tailor a practice toolkit that includes resources for service recovery, educational materials, signage, employee engagement, etc.
- Incorporate the NYULMC Service Excellence Standard Behaviors into daily workflows and communications
- Assist practice management in reviewing and using qualitative and quantitative data received from the Press Ganey CG CAHPS survey, to develop and oversee action plans related to practice workflows and the patients experience within the practice. Continuously monitor CG CAHPS performance and track improvement in all related survey metrics
- Participate in regular standing meeting with FGP office, to assist in sharing learned best practices across all FGP Locations
- Implement an initiative to call patients who have provided feedback on the CG CAHPS Survey, to perform service recovery as needed, answer outstanding questions or concerns, and gather additional information that may contribute to process improvement
- Assist the practice in managing in-basket workflows, and appropriately monitoring requests for appointments, requests for test result follow up, and appropriately disseminating messages to stakeholders as needed
- Support practice management in problem solving and project planning to support efficiency of patient services
- Analyze patient metrics such as no show rates, daily volumes, MyChart utilization, patient secure compliance, etc. to track improvement and target areas for opportunity
- Assist the practice in reviewing physician templates and cancelation reports daily, to see where there are opportunities to schedule appointments, work waitlists and improve patient access
- Learn scheduling scripts and nuances for the practice
- Report to FGP leadership and practice management on findings from the monitoring of practice operations and make recommendations as needed
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
To qualify, you must have a Bachelors Degree with a minimum of 1-2 years of work experience participating in improvement programs, problem solving, time management and prioritization skills, or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Excellent written and oral communication skills; self-motivated and detail oriented with an excellent work ethic.
Preferred Epic experience
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Grossman School of Medicine’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.