NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children’s hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute¿designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Project Manager-Revenue Management Initiatives.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for providing project management and operational support for project development and implementation of special projects related to Revenue Management Initiatives. Including clinical audit, charge master, pricing, patient accounting system, and affiliation or merger projects. Assists with directing the short and long term planning, control and monitoring of project scheduling and implementation, program and project development, budget review, in adherence to department guidelines. Provides guidance and supervision to auditors and analysts to ensure that all project goals are accomplished according to specification on time. Maintains departmental workflows and works under general direction.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organizations service standards and incorporates them into the performance of duties.
- Manages current projects and initiatives related to revenue enhancement initiatives, affiliation and merger projects, audit activities, and CDM pricing strategies.
- Acts as a liaison with Revenue Cycle Systems and IT departments to ensure technical requirements are addressed.
- Provides regular status updates to internal and external management, and communicates updates, relevant concerns and issues to the RMI department as needed.
- Assesses and mitigates risks to minimize negative consequences.
- Produce training tools to explain process changes and assist with reporting & maintaining knowledge gained and documented.
- Analyzes revenue impact associated with various projects to determine priority and value.
- Outlines scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget and timing of projects.
- Resolves any issues and solves problems throughout project life cycle. Tracks and reports on project milestones, and provides status reports to management.
- Plan and manage projects aligning business goals with technology solutions to drive process improvements, competitive advantage and revenue gains.
- Extracts and complies data from various system sources to develop sound analyses leading to potential Revenue Cycle opportunities, conducting analyses related to audit, charge capture, process improvement, billing and/or Revenue Cycle Operations.
- Maintains data integrity when manipulating data files for purposes of analysis.
- Serves as a liaison with department heads and other hospital personnel and executives for the purposes of information gathering to enhance revenue cycle opportunities.
- Participates in and may lead interdepartmental meetings as requested. Communicates and works with all internal and external customers.
- Develop and maintain a shared library of data and resources for knowledge management.
- Lead knowledge management activities within Revenue Management Initiatives to ensure knowledge sharing and collaboration across the team.
- Create content strategies and solutions to help ensure that project teams can access important knowledge assets.
- As an employee with Management level standing, demonstrates leadership qualities in all aspects of work. Demonstrates initiative, drive and self-confidence. Adheres to a professional code of conduct at all times. Ensures compliance with all departmental policies and procedures. Complies 100% with all HIPAA requirements, required training, and other Hospital mandated activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a Bachelors Degree in Finance, Business Management or a related field. Minimum of three years experience in Finance or a related field required. Ability to manage, coordinate and facilitate project development process. Strong analytical skills, ability to work independently, demonstrated initiative, problem solving and critical thinking skills. Works independently, takes initiative, and thinks critically. Proficient in the use of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Effective oral, written, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills required.
Prior experience in a hospital finance setting (i.e. Revenue Cycle Operations, hospital operations, reimbursement, charge master, etc.). Knowledge of Tableau software, Epic Resolute Hospital Billing, Six Sigma or Lean methods, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Visio, or other Project Management tools.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.