NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children’s hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
NYU Langone Florida is opening a new state-of-the art Contact Center in Boynton Beach, FL. The Center will be a 200+ seat Contact Center that provides a single and centralized point of patient access to physician services across several disciplines. The new center will be staffed with a team ready to provide patients with an exceptional high quality, friendly and efficient experience using the latest contact center equipment and technology.
In collaboration with executive leadership, the Contact Center Director will be an integral part of the project team working to open the Contact Center and ultimately will be responsible for the delivery of an excellent experience to patients, customers, and physicians that contact the Center with the primary purpose of providing patient’s access to care. They will oversee the processes and procedures that appropriately support NYU Langone’s mission, while upholding its brand, vision, values, and culture. This professional will oversee Contact Center staff, workforce planning and scheduling initiatives, technical infrastructure, management and operational practices; reporting, performance and quality, and staff development and training. Combining knowledge of Healthcare with Contact Center performance management, metrics, quality, workforce optimization, and operational planning with the human skills required to instill passion and motivation within Contact Center teams.
In this vital role, the Director will assure smooth communication, positive cross-functional collaboration, and issues resolution related to physician protocols, desired scheduling practices, and overall relationships between the Contact Center and the medical disciplines it serves.
- In collaboration with business leaders, strategically plan for the growth and ongoing optimization of the Contact Center.
- Provide for day-to-day operational management of the Contact Center business; integrate the NYULH brand, culture, patient focus, and behaviors into every contact and meeting.
- Develop working relationships with NYULH practices, partnering to affect positive results. Act as liaison to facilitate the transitions/on boarding of functions to NYULH centralized Contact Center.
- Set clear, explicit, and measurable goals for performance measurement at both Center and individual level; assure the development of solid quality and training programs.
- Develop and maintain a Contact Center management structure, operating procedures, and staffing model to meet needs of the organization. Provide direction that ensures appropriate distribution of Contact Center resources and allows objectives to be achieved.
- Plan for and implement enhancements to the Contact Center that are sensitive to organizational needs; assess opportunities to enhance system(s) performance.
- Plan for and provide on-going coaching, feedback, and development to frontline management; provide leadership in the development and implementation of tactical plans and policies for the Contact Center. Create action plans to improve patient and employee satisfaction across the continuum.
- Yield and distribute Contact Center management reports both internally and for interfacing departments. Prepare and analyze performance reports (e.g., quality, productivity, staffing, etc.) and develop action plans to resolve any deficiencies. Assess trends and determine root causes of volume or performance changes; implement resolutions and/or improvements.
- Develop hiring and staffing plans and ensure that attendance and schedule adherence goals are attained.
- Interface with other NYULH leaders, practices, and departments to address organizational needs and perpetuate the desired branded experience for patients.
- Ensure that all training and motivational programs for the Contact Center are consistent with overall NYULH goals objectives and policies.
- Maintain a continuous learning environment for employee skill development and career path opportunities.
- Assure proper function and integration of all systems – ACD, Quality, WFM, EMR (EPIC), Salesforce and any other technology relevant to efficient and effective operation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and five to seven years demonstrated experience in Contact Center management at the director level (experience with a start-up operation a plus) and/or the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience with conducting business process reviews, recommending enhancements, implementing solutions, and delivering measurable business results.
- Ability to think and plan strategically and initiate tactical initiatives to meet goals
- Proven success in directing initiatives related to Contact Center workforce optimization, performance metrics, management reporting, business planning, quality, etc.
- Must be conversant in and familiar with current state-of the art Contact Center technology including WFM, PBX/ACD, Quality, etc.
- Must demonstrate ability to effectively partner with cross-functional departments to meet organizational objectives.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills – must be able to look to the future.
- Management-level verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present to the executive level.
- Ability to participate in new hire recruiting for all positions in the contact center.
- Experience onboarding new programs and practices to the contact center.
- Ability to lead/build teams, and motivate and inspire staff; must have a positive and optimistic attitude. Excellent organization, goal setting, and planning skills.
- Contact Center management experience within a healthcare environment and an understanding of associated demands preferred.
In return, we offer an extremely competitive salary and benefits package, along with career growth opportunities within a dynamic and diverse workplace focused on process improvement, staff development, and the ongoing expansion and enhancement of our services.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.