NYU School of Medicine is one of the nation’s top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Sr. Financial Analyst.
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Finance, this position is responsible for the financial management of a portfolio of Divisions within the Department of Medicine. Working closely with the Division Administrator, they will ensure that transactions are properly and compliantly posted to all fund types. The incumbent will perform trend analysis, P&L analysis, and ensure transactions post timely. The incumbent will work closely with colleagues in finance and sponsored programs to ensure timely close-outs of grants.
- Work with Divisions, Research Finance, AP, Purchasing, FGP to resolve Finance related issues.
- Ensure all expenses hit in a timely basis, including working with appropriate individuals on resolving invoices requiring receipt, match exceptions, purchasing cards, and other accruals.
- Verify the accuracy of cost sharing in each project by the PI and assist in the preparing of any report as required by funding agency.
- In conjunction with Grants Management team, advise PIs to request No Cost Extensions for unobligated balances on sponsored programs in conjunction with sponsor guidelines.
- Audit sponsored programs transactions to ensure allowability and conformity to budgets.
- Assist PI and Division Administrator in developing sponsored programs budgets.
- Ensure PI and staff working on a project are charged directly and appropriately to the project, with Time & Effort reporting appropriately reflected.
- Provide data to Division Administrators to aid in development of business plans.
- Review Clinical data, consolidate and present data to identify trends in KPI.
- Prepare and analyze financials by PI for quarterly meeting and review.
- Identify and prepare required salary reallocations, cost transfers, and journal entries.
- Complete required Close-outs, ADQs, and financial reports in accordance with Milestone report.
- Perform monthly P&L analysis for Operating, GME, Discretionary, Research and Clinical missions.
To qualify you must have a Understanding of GAAP and other accounting principles.
Ability to prioritize effectively and handle shifting priorities professionally.
Excellent Excel knowledge.
Knowledge of NIH and other granting agency policies and practices.
Excellent communication skills.
3-5 years’ experience in comparable or related field.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU School of Medicine’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.