NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children’s hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute¿designated cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Certified RN Anesthetist.
In this role, the successful candidate Administers anesthesia under the supervision of the Attending Anesthesiologist, administers local, inhalation, intravenous and other anesthetics prescribed during surgery, deliveries or other medical procedures. Institutes resuscitative procedures throughout the hospital, including the recovery room and is available at all times while on duty.
- Performs Complete Pre-Anesthetic Assessment. Includes significant laboratory data. Includes important aspects of patient history and physical. Aware of and fully comprehends history, physical, and laboratory data. Establishes good rapport with patients. Anticipates needs and possible problems. Takes initiative and functions independently. Review ID upon receiving patient, name and DOB. Respects patients rights.
- Appropriately Prepares for Case Management. Assembles all essential equipment in an orderly manner. Has equipment ready and in working condition to safely administer anesthesia. Demonstrates knowledge of anticipated needs. Uses universal safety precautions. Label and properly store syringes.
- Appropriately Prepares Anesthetic Management. Plan of care is developed in systematic manner based upon assessment, interpretation and anticipated procedure. Recognizes patient difficulties. Communicates information clearly and logically with Attending. Displays knowledge of current anesthetic principles in selecting anesthetic techniques
- Demonstrates Professional Competence in Managing Anesthetic. Appropriate airway management. Exhibits safe and comfortable technical ability. Recognizes problems and takes appropriate corrective action (including seeking consultation). Demonstrates good judgment in emergency situation. Provides patient with safe and comfortable anesthetic. Aware of surgical events taking place. Keeps accurate record of pertinent information. Adapts with composure to changing situations. Coordinates with appropriate health care providers.
- Provides Competent Post Anesthetic Management. Verifies with the PACU RN the patients first and last name on the ID bracelet. Maintains patient airway. Shows attentiveness to physiological needs. Provides full report to recovery person. Completes all records. Evaluates and resolves patient pain status. All medication and syringes properly disposed of. Takes care of equipment
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a MS degree. Current NYS RN License, CRNA Certification or GRNA certificate with letter qualifying to sit for the national boards. BLS and ACLS certification..
Required Licenses: CRNA-Certified RN Anesthetist, Registered Nurse License-NYS
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.