NYU School of Medicine is one of the nation’s top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a per diem FGP Certified Pulmonary Function Technologist.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for ensuring and coordinating delivery of prescribed pulmonary function testing services through direct performance of laboratory studies and supervision of pulmonary function laboratory staff
- Demonstrates knowledge of accepted standards, policies, procedures, staff responsibilities and instrumentation related to provision of diagnostic pulmonary function testing
- Demonstrates proficiency in the calibration and operation of laboratory equipment and performance of diagnostic pulmonary function testing
- Demonstrates proficiency in patient assessment, clinical aerosol delivery and emergency management procedures related to performance of diagnostic pulmonary function testing
- Demonstrates proficiency in management of pulmonary function laboratory operations; provides leadership, guidance and progressive discipline to assigned staff as required
- Provides appropriate instruction/education to laboratory staff, patients, family members, nurses, physicians affiliated students, and other members of the Medical Center community
To qualify you must have a Associate’s Degree or equivalent in respiratory care as recognized by the New York State Board for Respiratory Therapy; certification by the National Board for Respiratory Care (CRT), with CPFT specialty credential within a year of hire; computer competency, including basic understanding of, and ability to work with, Microsoft Windows based pulmonary function software programs. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU School of Medicine’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.