NYU School of Medicine is one of the nation’s top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Senior Director – Radiology FGP.
In this role, the successful candidate will oversee the financial and operational based portion of all Ambulatory and Clinical Radiology FGP practices ensuring that budget targets are established and practice goals are achieved as well as overseeing further business development. This position will operationalize the strategic directives of senior management related to the financial management of Ambulatory Faculty Group Practices and practice growth. This position engages practice administrators and managers, physicians, billing vendor representatives, and a wide array of contacts throughout the FGP and the medical center to coordinate activities and obtain expected results. This position will also assist practices in overcoming revenue cycle challenges by identifying areas for improvement, facilitating operational and workflow changes, and reporting on outcomes to monitor overall performance. This position works with and reports to senior department leadership while collaborating with departmental administrators, physicians and others throughout the institution.
- Manage/perform operational assessments of existing practices against financial plans (both the annual budget and long-term needs and goals). Implement any approved recommendations coming from the practice assessment (may include salary changes, personnel reductions/additions, practice closure, etc. Partner with HOS and other institutions in the identification and evaluation of new business ventures. Oversee preparation of business plans for new practices and/or lines of business. Participate in the business aspects of physician agreements/contracting ensuring all business terms are adhered to and complied with.
- Plans, directs and coordinates the day-to-day activities of multiple ambulatory practices. Responsible for implementation of FGP and NYU planning decisions and enforcement of policies and procedures. Develops and maintains ambulatory policies and procedures for the administration of the practice.
- Assist in troubleshooting institutional issues as they relate to the FGP. Keep up on regulatory policies and industry changes that may affect the manner in which we conduct business. Disseminate this information to the FGPs and FGP staff. Keep abreast of new practice management products and technologies that may enhance operational efficiencies and revenue enhancement. Oversee asset acquisition and maintenance.
- Direct responsibility for HR functions including hiring, firing, evaluations and merits.
- Oversee department-based Value Based Medicine (VBM) projects, including projects led by Departmental Administrator and transmitted through the VBM committees.
- Maintain department Unit Department Division (UDD) hierarchy.
- Manage the financial performance of each practice. Develop preparation of monthly Scorecards and other reporting tools. Identify and correct errors in the payroll and accounting systems. Review and approve all expenses being charged to the practices. Lead and oversee preparation of FY Budgets.
- Develop, implement and continuously improve tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to Radiology leadership and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations in support of the financial results.
- Collaborate with the Office of Communications and Marketing on initiatives to ensure that the NYU Langone Health community, as well as communities external to NYU Langone, are informed of the departments clinical and academic services and advancements.
- Manage the departmental clinical and academic website content.
- Participate in the preparation of the departmental annual report.
- Liaise with Marketing & Media Outreach for department and faculty clinical and academic visibility on national and international arena. Alert Communications when faculty have high-profile publications and/or accomplishments and when new faculty join the department.
- Directly manage all of the departments physician liaisons.
To qualify you must have a Masters Degree in Business, Health Administration or related field with a minimum of 5 years of progressive leadership experience in an academic medical center; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Successful candidate must have a thorough understanding of the management of an academic institution. Excellent communication skills are essential to interface effectively with diverse internal and external professional groups and committees.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU School of Medicine’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.